Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Advice for one month apartmnt-Sosua/Puerto Plata

I am looking for some advice on a good place to rent for a month on the north coast. I am looking for something that is not too expensive because it is just going to be temp. I am looking for something for about a month and would like it to include utilities.
    I have been looking on here as well as Trip Advisor but I am still undecided. I figured I would just pop on here and see if any of you wonderful posters had any suggestions or experiences? I am open to areas of Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete.

My main concerns are cleanliness and safety... internet and cable dont hurt though. MUST HAVE PRIVATE PARKING!!!
    Thanks in advance...this is my first post so I am excited already. I have been reading for months and find DR1 so helpful...thought Id ask for some help myself.

Oh BTW... I am looking to rent as soon as Monday June 3

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a budget in mind? And what is Private Parking - behind gates?

One suggestion comes to mind is [email protected] yahoo .com - they'll give you a monthly rate on studio, one bedroom, etc. Parking is secure. Sonia will answer your email. Very clean, very safe, wifi, cable.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are these apartments?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the Palms

Post Thanks / Like

I know it sounds small but the budget would be 400-500 US for the month. I was looking online and found several that appear to be clean and have good reviews but when it comes to narrowing it down I am clueless.

With the parking yes, behind a gate would due. I am not interested in parking on the street. Considering I am not a local of where we would be I would like to sleep a little easier knowing the car is the least of my worries.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the above-recommended complex, I'd look at Las Canas on La Mulata Road. It's on a hill away from both towns, but next to the best international school in the area, very safe, and the best non-resort pool in the area.

Another good choice would be El Colibri in Sosua.

If you look up Hispaniola Residencial, they have a number of apartments they rent out, usually to weekend or other short-timers, but may be able to give you a break for a month stay. Many of their units are quite nice.

All can be readily found online. Best of luck.

Just read your update. A budget that small will be challenging. All the spots I mentioned start at 500, fully furnished.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed in these apartments Condominios Val-Mare, Cabarete for 2 months earlier this year and paid about US$300 per month. They even cleaned twice a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The prblem with the palms is I was reading and it states adults only. I forgot to mention I will be traveling with my 7 yr old. He is not a run around child on the loose but of course he has to be aloud to be where I am. That is another reason internet is important... I home school.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

juis, are you talking about a rental car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast