Rates

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Does anyone know what the CURRENT rates being offered on one and three year term peso CDs are. Either from a local bank or the Central Bank. CURRENT rates only please.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
This was in yesterdays DR1 news.

Central Bank lowers interest rates

The Central Bank has lowered its interest rates from 6.75% to 6.0% and the Lombard rate from 9% to 8%. The CB governor described the move as the proper way to get the economy moving. He said that the decision, which will go into effect tomorrow (1 June 2012), was based on projections that show an inflation rate lower than had been set for this year. He said that current interest rates and election expectations had slowed down the economy to a point where it was below the projections for the year. Valdez Albizu told Hoy reporter Soila Paniagua that the models suggest that there will not be any significant inflationary pressures for the rest of this year.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone know what the CURRENT rates being offered on one and three year term peso CDs are. Either from a local bank or the Central Bank. CURRENT rates only please.

Banco Central is not offering CDs to individuals. Other banks are and the rates are changing on a daily basis.

Islanddave

Sep 3, 2011
Terms were for three years and interest paid monthly on a peso CD. She did say the amount you deposit does change the rate. I only asked about my deposit amount. This was in Cabarete on Friday morning.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Thanks Islanddave. I had heard the CB was back in the game. I was wrong. Thanks windeguy.
How about any of the other banks; ie, Santa Cruz. For larger amounts.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Thanks Islanddave. I had heard the CB was back in the game. I was wrong. Thanks windeguy.
How about any of the other banks; ie, Santa Cruz. For larger amounts.

You can buy Central Bank CD's through most banks in the DR

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
Apparently the IMF considers the DR the most stable country in Latin America, and backs the CB thus. Opinions and thoughts on using these instruments to generate income are appreciated.