Legal gun owners under attack AGAIN!

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
so the MIP is considering a desarming of the general public. Supposedly they're actually gonna go threw with it this time. At a time when the country is at it's worst prime (after elections) do you seriously think that legal gun owners are going to give in their weapons and leave there homes, and families unprotected? What are your takes on this guys? is This BS like always, or do you think this time they will actually go threw with it? Personally i think this Fadul Guy Has to go! ever since he's taken over the mip, all we've been seeing is ridicoulous stunts from that office! All attacks against legal gun owners, meanwhile the delincuentes are getting armed to the teeth!

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
so the MIP is considering a desarming of the general public. Supposedly they're actually gonna go threw with it this time. At a time when the country is at it's worst prime (after elections) do you seriously think that legal gun owners are going to give in their weapons and leave there homes, and families unprotected? What are your takes on this guys? is This BS like always, or do you think this time they will actually go threw with it? Personally i think this Fadul Guy Has to go! ever since he's taken over the mip, all we've been seeing is ridicoulous stunts from that office! All attacks against legal gun owners, meanwhile the delincuentes are getting armed to the teeth!

I haven't seen anything that said they were thinking of taking all the guns away, just tighten up restrictions. If a gun owner feels the need to have a gun to protect his home and family, fine. Keep it in the house for protection. He doesn't need to have it concealed at a political rally, for example.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Too bad there isn't a way to accurately identify those who take the responsibility of owning a gun seriously. Responsible owners always suffer because of the need to control the irresponsible and lack of a good method of differentiating between the responsible and irresponsible.

It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says "To whom it may concern."

I will not carry a gun.... I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! Hawkeye, M*A*S*H, "Officer of the Day"

And so, to the end of history, murder shall breed murder, always in the name of right and honor and peace, until the gods are tired of blood and create a race that can understand.

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.

If you suck on a tit the movie gets an R rating. If you hack the tit off with an axe it will be PG. ~Jack Nicholson

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I remember that episode and line of MASH!! As soon as I saw Cary Grant! Classic show!

I agree with you, if you go out with a gun, trouble will follow you, but I also think that its a good idea to have one at home for self defense...in the car under the seat for self defense again....I've lived in Stgo many years never needed one or the other, this keeps you humble and out of trouble.. If youre out in the streets with a gun....trouble looks for trouble...

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
That all sounds good Hlywud, but we live in a DR where anti social behavior is on the increase and all signs point to a continued increase ad infinitum -- child pregnancies are up, child abandonment is up, available work is down, you will have an entire generation of kids that are being 'thrown away' and ignored, especially the boys -- this will lead to more and more crime.... some expats (and many locals), feel they have the right to defend their families - not just in their homes, but in their cars, and yes even walking down the malecon on a Sunday afternoon. Why not?

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
I remember that episode and line of MASH!! As soon as I saw Cary Grant! Classic show!

I agree with you, if you go out with a gun, trouble will follow you, but I also think that its a good idea to have one at home for self defense...in the car under the seat for self defense again....I've lived in Stgo many years never needed one or the other, this keeps you humble and out of trouble.. If youre out in the streets with a gun....trouble looks for trouble...

I respectfully disagree. Having carried a concealed weapon in various jurisdictions CONUS and OCONUS for going on 40 years there has been no trouble for me. Close on a couple of occasions but it was avoided. One time because I was able to diffuse the situation by declaring I was armed and prepared but without ever removing my weapon from the holster. Make no mistake, possessing and even more so carrying a weapon requires an extreme amount of training and self discipline. But to generalize that being armed invokes trouble is wrong. The people that are trained and have the proper state of mind never seek conflict and seldom if ever are drawn into it unnecessarily. How to effectively determine who is capable of the responsibility and who is not is next to impossible. But those legally afforded the responsibility are certainly in the vast minority when it comes to improperly invoking deadly force.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Even in the DR the chance of being in the spot where lightening strikes is mathematically improbable. Making carrying a gun similar to carrying on a parachute for that improbable chance the plane goes down with similar chances of changing outcome to a positive, with one major difference. Most people will feel rage at some point or maybe multiple times in their life. And most people are not trained or emotionally capable of being assured they will not reach for and wave the thing around or worse in a fit of rage. Some are trained to deal with such occurances...most are not. The rest is just 0 sum game political bs propigated by people who believe even child safety locks start a slide down a slippery slope toward constitutional anarchy. ..rip mr heston

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would not be alive to post this if I was not carrying a legal gun in this country 7 years ago. Put that in your pipe and smoke it gun control types.....................

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I respectfully disagree. Having carried a concealed weapon in various jurisdictions CONUS and OCONUS for going on 40 years there has been no trouble for me. Close on a couple of occasions but it was avoided. One time because I was able to diffuse the situation by declaring I was armed and prepared but without ever removing my weapon from the holster. Make no mistake, possessing and even more so carrying a weapon requires an extreme amount of training and self discipline. But to generalize that being armed invokes trouble is wrong. The people that are trained and have the proper state of mind never seek conflict and seldom if ever are drawn into it unnecessarily. How to effectively determine who is capable of the responsibility and who is not is next to impossible. But those legally afforded the responsibility are certainly in the vast minority when it comes to improperly invoking deadly force.

But not everyone can carry a gun. A lot of people(if not most)dont have the training or self discipline, and theyll have that attitude and take it out and thats what Im referring to. They actually attract trouble.
I DO say keep one in your home and have it in your car for self defense. Not to carry it around like some sherriff. I disagree with disarming the legal gun owners. How would we defend ourselves against the delinquents that are armed illegally???

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I would not be alive to post this if I was not carrying a legal gun in this country 7 years ago. Put that in your pipe and smoke it gun control types.....................

I'm glad for you, but there thousands who are NOT alive because anybody who can afford it can get and carry a gun anywhere they feel like. Obviously trying to disarm the population is impractical at this point - It just won't happen - but some control is definitely needed.

It is better to have a gun and never have to use- then need a gun and dont have it.

I have never understood these "gun-control" people, it is like they are living in a selfmade fairy tale of "No guns- no more criminals". The strange thing is they usually changes their mind very quickly when they ends up in a situation were they are being attacked, or having their close family killed after being unable to defend themselfs.

Some of these meth heads /thugs who enters your home kills their own children without thinking twice over it- why do you think they will spare yours in a homeinvasion?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is better to have a gun and never have to use- then need a gun and dont have it.

I have never understood these "gun-control" people, it is like they are living in a selfmade fairy tale of "No guns- no more criminals". The strange thing is they usually changes their mind very quickly when they ends up in a situation were they are being attacked, or having their close family killed after being unable to defend themselfs.

Some of these meth heads /thugs who enters your home kills their own children without thinking twice over it- why do you think they will spare yours in a homeinvasion?

This is almost exactly what happened to me. A crack head that killed at least three people before he ran into me. No gun, no life for me, and certain death for other innocent people in the future. Fortunately he did not run into one of the "gun control" kind.

I just hope that none of these people get into the same situation I was in. You won't have to post any more sermons, they will have one for you............................

Feb 7, 2007
To add to a conversation, I know a general director of a local cable company in Higuey, who came from Santo Domingo ... he said to me: we lose many salespeople. The aspirations of many people here in Higuey, especially males, is to go to work for hotels (in Bavaro) for about a year, then get fired and liquidated and from the proceeds to buy a motorcycle and a gun. He told me, that he hasn't seen so many motorcycles in any other city, and the same goes for guns. He told me that there is a very very very large portion of population in Higuey carrying concealed guns. he told me he was able to recognize those people, because his father was a militar and has taught him how. This conversation left me a bit scared....

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005

Life is getting too dangerous for the thieves and robbers LOL
too many are getting shot lately; to secure the robbers businesses and life this new
law is going into consideration.... LOL

Or the government wants to increase the gun tax again and first intimidate
the legal gun-owners with such news and then in the end they say " well
we understand you people - you can keep your guns but we need to charge a higher fee
for renewing your yearly gun-license due to the increase work we have to do
to keep track of you!"
and the robbers & thieves are still acting freely under the radar.

Dec 26, 2011
I don't get the guy that displays an unloaded guy to feel more secure. The boyfriend of the MIL would do that(and that it was not loaded was good as he was lit on Dewar's most of the time). All you're doing is escalating with nothing to back it up. Seems like insanity to me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not to worry, as soon as the DR mandates all guns must be "smart guns" very few people will be able to afford them. Then the vast majority will be good old fashioned guns in the hands of criminals.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, does anyone know if the right to own a firearm is in the DR Constitution or other legal document?