The EUROs 2012 - where to meet and see games around the DR

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The EUROs in football (soccer) is starting on Friday. My "old" country Denmark is playing on Saturday against Holland and will be the underdog and I think they have a chance as Holland think they invented the game and will be to confident. I dont think I will be able to find many Danes to meet up with to see the game though. As I am part English I will also be supporting England who supposedly really did invent the game and they are playing on Monday against France. For that game we have been talking about meeting at either Hooters or Casa Mencia. At the last world cup we saw England against Germany at Hooters and England lost. So am suggesting the England fan crowd that we see the game Monday at Casa Mencia on Av. Sarasota. I like to go to the German house in the Colonial Zone for the German beer and because there is often a good crowd of expats Thursday night and on every first Saturday of the month at the German Market. They will be showing all the German games and Germany plays Saturday against Portugal. I wanted to start this thread for all the fans and about where they can meet around the DR to see their team in the Capital, Sosua, Las Terrenas, Punta Cana and other cities.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Most probably in 'el Conuco' they will show some games...Holland doesn't think they invented the game though (the English do, but they didn't either). Holland's problem is they always want to play 'bonito', 2 years ago the coach was criticized for playing ugly and only result oriented and they went to the finals. My biggest hangover though was against Denmark in Sweden 1992, Holland being the defending Champion, losing the penalty shoot out, Smeichel stopping a penalty from Marco van Basten.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Most probably in 'el Conuco' they will show some games...Holland doesn't think they invented the game though (the English do, but they didn't either). Holland's problem is they always want to play 'bonito', 2 years ago the coach was criticized for playing ugly and only result oriented and they went to the finals. My biggest hangover though was against Denmark in Sweden 1992, Holland being the defending Champion, losing the penalty shoot out, Smeichel stopping a penalty from Marco van Basten.

Yes the Denmark-Holland game in 1992 was a big win for Denmark. Where is Conuco ? In Santo Domingo ?