Steve's Bar Bavaro RIP

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Steve's Bar in Bavaro is closed! :speechles

After a painful period of no ho's, no liquor and no ambiente the curtain has fallen. :p

But....the idea of the bar will be "restored" to it's old glory and the opening could be around the 17th of June 2012. Probably with another name. :laugh::lick::knockedou:):cool::D:cheeky::bunny:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Steve's Bar in Bavaro is closed! :speechles

After a painful period of no ho's, no liquor and no ambiente the curtain has fallen. :p

But....the idea of the bar will be "restored" to it's old glory and the opening could be around the 17th of June 2012. Probably with another name. :laugh::lick::knockedou:):cool::D:cheeky::bunny:

The powers of Religion in the wrong surroundings.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that one coming. I'm REALLY hoping that someone pulls out a defribrillator, turns it to full power and shocks some life back into the place. LOL If I was just a little more crazy, I'd be tempted to... Hmmm... how does that sound??? Glenn's Corner Bar??? nice ring to it. LOL Too close to Captain Cook's to use the "Captain" part of the name. OR... even better.... GRINGO GLENN'S Corner Bar!!!!! I like it... Time to stop day dreaming.

Last edited:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that one coming. I'm REALLY hoping that someone pulls out a defribrillator, turns it to full power and shocks some life back into the place. LOL If I was just a little more crazy, I'd be tempted to... Hmmm... how does that sound??? Glenn's Corner Bar??? nice ring to it. LOL Too close to Captain Cook's to use the "Captain" part of the name. OR... even better.... GRINGO GLENN'S Corner Bar!!!!! I like it... Time to stop day dreaming.

Trust me; it's being done!!!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I know some friends who come to PC quite often that will be very happy to hear the place will possibly re-open. The place was really popular and I know many who said they miss it, mostly my male friends..lol...My brother actually went there a couple of times and said he it liked it. I think his comment to me was it drew a "interesting" crowd ;)

G

gotgames

turn it into a "WAFFLE HOUSE"

Or serve a few sandwiches and call it Gringo Glenn's Greasy spoon.

24/7 breakfest, waffles eggs and beers , I'LL go there.
THE AI'S don't serve 24/7 and who knows how to cook a proper fast order meal in PC ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It was doing just fine as it was before the owner found religion and started only serving juice. Now he has plenty of juice and no bar or business.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as since long awaited it looks like finally Rudi kicked Steve outda House and is running full renovations at the Place now. full walkaround Bar, where prior the Church's Soup Kittchen was will be the new Bathrooms so Guests do not need to walk around half the buildong for a Pee.
he will get the flair back soon, reopening is planned before this month's end.
yeah Glenn,
it sure will be up for Rental, Rudi always rents out all his places, get in touch and as long as there are 24/7 cold greenies available you have your first Regular Customer here.

Mike

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Hopefully for some of us we will want to trade in our Steve's Bar special discount card for a new one. It's that or the same car wash for me next time I'm in town:smoke: What can I say, except I spent 8 days in the area about a month ago, and I could see that I wasn't going to use my card at all. :eek:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
as since long awaited it looks like finally Rudi kicked Steve outda House and is running full renovations at the Place now. full walkaround Bar, where prior the Church's Soup Kittchen was will be the new Bathrooms so Guests do not need to walk around half the buildong for a Pee.
he will get the flair back soon, reopening is planned before this month's end.
yeah Glenn,
it sure will be up for Rental, Rudi always rents out all his places, get in touch and as long as there are 24/7 cold greenies available you have your first Regular Customer here.

Mike

I'm ALMOST crazy enough to do it, Mike... but not quite. If it were 5 years from now and I was ready to retire here in the U.S., and if I thought I had any slim chance of taking it over without losing my investment, along with my shirt, and maybe my short pants and sandals too, I might even do it... but now it's just a daydream. I'll have to settle for my once in a while visits south, and sitting there as a customer again. I do promise you a greenie on me sometime Mike. Too bad it won't be open next week... I'll be there for a short vacation.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
The bar itself will remain with the name "STEVE"S BAR". It is now painted in big letters on the back wall. I was by today and aside from stocking the bar, I figure it could re-open in a couple days. Steve himself is settling into the plaza just down a bit...thus is dream is not dead...just repositioned. Wish him well, although I think he has fallen off the cliff of common business sense.

It is nice to see a guy with a ton of money, actually get his hands dirty. See Rudi there daily carrying blocks and washing walls. Something you don't see too often these days. A few days...and we can all go home for a drink! Welcome back Corner Bar(what I call it).

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah Mike,
it will always be the "Corner Bar", the Hot Corner, doesn't matter what names are painted on da Wall, lol.

Rudi will get it running in no time, no doubt on that.

Glenn, where do you stay? I may have a "spare wea[pon/place" for da Greenies, he he.

Mike

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hi Mike. I have a condo a block or two off the main road opposite the Barcelo Dominican Beach resort. At the turn where the taxi park / school bus with the blue roof is.

Just got back home on Sunday night and missing the D.R. already. It was a short trip, so we'll have to plan on emptying a few greenies the next time I'm on the island.

Glenn

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sounds like a good Plan to Me, ha ha.

I drove by the Corner Bar yesterday afternoon, work is in full swing, the owner Rudi himself been there preparing Wood etc, he is working on it and from the drive by look it seems that the place can open at any moment, looks almost ready to rumble again.

Mike