TV Show shot in Las Terrenas debuts tomorrow night on NBC

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I tried to watch it, 10 minutes worth. Could be anywhere, but unfortunately,
it is an American TV trash show and makes me wonder about the next generation
of 20-somethings. Is that what it is about now?
It's more shallow than the beach at Playa Diamante, and that's pretty shallow.
And the girls and guys are so-so looking, to me. If you're gonna sell out to
that extent, go all the way, or don't mention Wild in you're title, because it isn't Wild,
it's way lame.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
...yeah, but Jenny McCarthy is still HOT!! :bunny:

...and very funny. Also I thought what little they showed of Samana was gorgeous and presented it in a very good light. This is good PR for that part of the country.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That was Las Terranas? Why did I think it was Cabarete?

I agree that it's good PR for DR. The previews for future episodes showed gorgeous falls - anyone know where that was filmed?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I tried to watch it, 10 minutes worth.

You beat me, I was done after 5.
I am not convinced it is good PR for Samana since I didn't see it mentioned and from what I have seen it is very generic i.e Beach with palm trees settings could be Tulum, Punta Cana or LT.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
True I don't remember specifically Samana being mentioned, but she did mention "beautiful Dominican Republic" and they had many sweeping shots of cliffs, beaches, whales, etc...Once it gets into the "game" then you're right it becomes very generic. I still enjoyed Jenny's humor from little I watched (had to go eat dinner).

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Happened to see the second show was on tonight, watched out of curiosity.

They had a "guinea fowl" chase which seemed uniquely Dominican. Hope it is good PR for the DR, among the demographics the show targets. Certainly, Jenny got a chance to get her groove back?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I tried to watch it via computer but all I got was " program not available in your area"!!!!!!!!

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
That was Las Terranas? Why did I think it was Cabarete?

I agree that it's good PR for DR. The previews for future episodes showed gorgeous falls - anyone know where that was filmed?

Apparently they are or were staying at the Hotel Oasis in Las Terrenas