Medication Refills

Mikew

Sep 13, 2006
Is it a problem getting medications mailed to the DR ? I will be going over to the DR this month and will be staying until the end of November. Some of the medications are a class #1 Narc. Does this pose a problem for me? I have a letter from my Doctor here in the states to see a Doctor there while I am living in the DR.

Thanks to everyone ahead of time for your input.

Mike

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
You will probably need to get a RX from a doctor in DR. That's what I've been told in the past but don't have actual experience. Hopefully others here do.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I've heard if you are taking benzodiazepines you'll will need a RX from a doctor in DR.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Getting medications mailed here is no problem, I have been doing this for many years.

But none of the meds that I get are on the DR controlled list. They are strict about that here, not every doctor is authorized to write a prescription for meds on the controlled list.

You can be sure of getting meds without any problem that are not on the controlled list. Can't help you regarding those.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Getting medications mailed here is no problem, I have been doing this for many years.

But none of the meds that I get are on the DR controlled list. They are strict about that here, not every doctor is authorized to write a prescription for meds on the controlled list.

You can be sure of getting meds without any problem that are not on the controlled list. Can't help you regarding those.

Ken, is there a site where drugs are posted on a controlled list in the DR? Would help to see if I have to bring, and can even get my meds down there. One is considered to be a narcotic, the others are not.

Jan 17, 2009
We too get our refills by mail, through EPS. Never had a problem but never had to order controlled substances either. I think you can safely ask EPS or any shipper. They should know as it is them that do the customs papers.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken

Who do you use to send medications? Like wich company?
If you dont like to post such information on a open fprum, can you send me a PM please?

I get them from the online pharmacy designated by my Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Express Scripts. But anybody can buy from them. You sign up with them as a "member", providing your address, credit card number, etc., and have your doctor in the US send them the prescriptions. What my doctor does is write a prescription for 90 days and indicate 4 refills. So every 90 days they send me the medications for a year. They send them by EPS. These are maintenance meds, of course, not something needed for a one time infection or something. I have been doing this for more than 20 years without a problem.

http://www.express-scripts.com/

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, is there a site where drugs are posted on a controlled list in the DR? Would help to see if I have to bring, and can even get my meds down there. One is considered to be a narcotic, the others are not.

There may be. I'm sure somebody can tell you, at least one pharmacist is on the board.

For sure anything you consider a narcotic will be on the list.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
If you do a quick search for posts by me , you will find one on importing medications.
When I lived i Santiago ,went to the Dept Salud on Calle mirabel.
The particular drug was Temazapam, definitely a controlled substance.
You get some kind of letter with a stamp on it.
This gets attached to the parcel and it becomes a non issue , after the first couple times provided you use same shipping method.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
If you do a quick search for posts by me , you will find one on importing medications.
When I lived i Santiago ,went to the Dept Salud on Calle mirabel.
The particular drug was Temazapam, definitely a controlled substance.
You get some kind of letter with a stamp on it.
This gets attached to the parcel and it becomes a non issue , after the first couple times provided you use same shipping method.

Thanks Jafo, found your post. very helpful.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Just a side note .
I think a copy of original script stateside is made and attached also.
Make the copy before filling.
It will come up with large "VOID" across it don't worry .
Just attach also.