Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Visiting Punta Cana June 9th-16th, 2012

Hi,
    We are visiting the Punta Cana with our Company and we are bringing Clothing and toys for Orphanage Children..Delivering these items personally is very near and dear to our hearts, so that we can see and share the pleasure of the happiness it will bring to the children!! We understand that there is one in Higuey but, it is all boys. Our clothing includes girl clothing also!!! We would like more information on visiting the orphanage is La Romana . Does anyone know any info (contact information, phone #, etc,the best transportation options, do they allow visitors, or info on any other Orphanage near Punta Cana ) Our other option is talking it into a local village to distribute it. Looking for any and all Help to do this!
    Thank you,

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you take it to an orphanage in the place where you live. If you bring it here, someone will keep all the clothes and sell them for his/her profit, not one orphanage child will ever get anything.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like

I can put you in touch with a woman who volunteers at a school in a very poor area in Bávaro - Hoyo de Friusa.

5. Likes pollogringo, KateP liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trangalanga View Post
    I suggest you take it to an orphanage in the place where you live. If you bring it here, someone will keep all the clothes and sell them for his/her profit, not one orphanage child will ever get anything.
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with this. I've seen plenty of places where the kids DO get the donations. I'm not saying it's always the case but if they get good contacts, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I can put you in touch with a woman who volunteers at a school in a very poor area in Bávaro - Hoyo de Friusa.
    I'm guessing Escuela de Nazareth? They're doing a great job over there.

Another contact would be the local Rotary Club. You can reach them at 829-342-7327 or 809-552-9999.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

While i have no help to provide you i want to commend your efforts! This poster is off his rocker and shows what a miserable person he is by this post:
    I send all the small clothing (in near perfect condition) from my 10yo and 9yo daughters to my fiancé’s mother in central DR who gives them to children in need that live in her poor community, she does not sell them for a profit.

thank you for being so selfless, god bless you and your group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    I'm guessing Escuela de Nazareth? They're doing a great job over there.
    That's the one - Our "Shopping, Cocktails and Relax" event in December made a donation which bought sports equipment for the school, the Book Club raised funds with the book stall at the Punta Cana bazaar which paid for a new fence, and several of our members volunteer as teachers and help in several ways. They have bought shoes for the children and recently organised a recycling campaign where they sell plastic bottles and other waste to a commercial recycling company to raise funds for the school.

10. Likes KateP liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1101 View Post
    While i have no help to provide you i want to commend your efforts! This poster is off his rocker and shows what a miserable person he is by this post:

I send all the small clothing (in near perfect condition) from my 10yo and 9yo daughters to my fiancé’s mother in central DR who gives them to children in need that live in her poor community, she does not sell them for a profit.

thank you for being so selfless, god bless you and your group.
    Bwaaaaaaaa!! Do you SEE her give them to them??? Puleeeeeze.

To the OP, I would definitely go with someone who is known by someone here on the board or at least an orphanage or school that a member here is familiar with.
    They can talk however they want about the other poster but what he/she described happens more OFTEN THAN NOT. I NO LONGER hand my donations to the nurses and docs at the hospitals I donate to, I hand them out MYSELF, and go back myself or have a friend take them until they are gone. NEVER leave the leftovers. I have been burned, so I suggest that you find someone reputable through a member here. Good Luck.

SHALENA

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

what is your beef???

There is nothing wrong with donating to a reputable charity or orphanage.
    See http://www.beyondthebeach.ca/puntacanagallery.html

[email protected] send PJT an email, he is with the Bavaro Rotary and can steer you in the right direction
    Last edited by Hlywud; 06-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.

13. Likes KateP liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast