Euro 2012 (that's soccer for our north american friends!)

Randy T

Nov 13, 2011
Who might be showing the games live, anyone know?

England-France on monday at noon could be a tense one...

Could you be a bit more specific?? Jose O sheas always shows the football but it attracts a red neck crowd. If in Sosua you could always catch the sport at the bar formely known as the hideaway or accross the road at the shark bar i think it is.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
If in Puerto Plata, Phil's English Pub in Playa Dorada always shows the England games and many others too.

BigMan67

Apr 10, 2012
Hotel Voramar, hotel Don Andres...both dutch mangement

Plan B, Merengue bar, Rumba bar Bermuda bar

All mentioned are located in Sosua

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Jose O'Shea's always shows the football but it attracts a red neck crowd.
Interesting. I have never associated the word "redneck" with soccer. "Yobs", 'chavs', 'louts" were commonly used in the UK in the bad old days. "Redneck"is more for Nascar, isn't it?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
sorry, am in the Cab/Sosua region.

so, the question is....do i want overpriced food and drinks with rednecks for company in Jose's...or a barful of cueros in rumba??

Tough call...

kinggold

Nov 23, 2011
I would check out Kahuna Bar in Cabarete. They are known as a sports bar and probably will have the game. They usually have specials also.

Randy T

Nov 13, 2011
Interesting. I have never associated the word "redneck" with soccer. "Yobs", 'chavs', 'louts" were commonly used in the UK in the bad old days. "Redneck"is more for Nascar, isn't it?

You may have a point London actually, maybe i got it wrong but whenever i have been there i seen the loud brash types smoking fake cubans and talkin like everyone is deaf. I avoid it like the plague although there was a great looking waitress there who i dreamt about may times. I always couldnt muster it up to ask her out. ahhh well lesson learned :)

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
How many screens has Voramar or Don Andres? And how many has Kahuna (5) and Jose O'Sh (more then 5)? See the difference! And if your team is playing at the same time as Dutch - you will have to find another place to watch it.
And it doesn't matter how much costs one bottle of beer - folks in Sosua can buy one and stay with it for the whole game! I saw it done. :laugh:

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
fair point Don...2 it is then!

It seems that the little bar on the corner of pedro clissante (sosua) next to el flow is showing the games. Fair-sized screen and with the resident putas being generally rather unattractive, you are guaranteed a distraction-free game :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
fair point Don...2 it is then!

It seems that the little bar on the corner of pedro clissante (sosua) next to el flow is showing the games. Fair-sized screen and with the resident putas being generally rather unattractive, you are guaranteed a distraction-free game :)

I did not realize you were plying your wares @ Fat Herman's!:cheeky:

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
yes, after passing through PC earlier, i see that there are quite a few places showing the games.

For some reason i dont think i will be watching in the JR though....i find that place a little depressing for some reason :(