Daihatsu Terios 1998....pros and contras needed!!

Ama

Sep 5, 2007
Buying a car. Found one for 200.000ps excellent condition....worth it?????

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
If it has reasonably low miles, that is a steal. I just sold my 1996 Terio for 330,000 pesos. It was in very good condition and very low miles.

Ama

Sep 5, 2007
Read so many bad opinions...not stable, very bumpy ride, not fast, tiny inside...etc what's your experience?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
My daughter has one, seems to be a pretty reliable car. it's not pretty, not fancy, but it will get the job done. It does have small tires so you need to watch out for real bumpy roads or crater-sized potholes. Otherwise, it sounds like a good deal to me!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Read so many bad opinions...not stable, very bumpy ride, not fast, tiny inside...etc what's your experience?

Most of those questions could be answered by taking it out for a test drive. That being said, I regret selling mine. We thought it was a great "little" car.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
If it has reasonably low miles, that is a steal. I just sold my 1996 Terio for 330,000 pesos. It was in very good condition and very low miles.

You got more than lucky, for that price you can get a 2005 model right now in Santo Domingo. I would suggest the OP to look around a little more, you can do much better than that.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
You got more than lucky, for that price you can get a 2005 model right now in Santo Domingo. I would suggest the OP to look around a little more, you can do much better than that.
OOPS, my mistake. Mine was a 2006, not a '96.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Good little car,had ours for 5 years now. Just watch it this particular model unlike the earlier one has extra bulbous corners which are targets for all other vehicles. Economical, comfortable, not much on the acceleration and speed side but does the job. We have no complaints. When we get round to a new car if we still can?t afford a LandRover it will be Daihatsu Terrios again.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
We had a 2000 and it was a great little vehicle. Easy enough on gas, reliable and parts are easy to find. The ride is bumpy, but they are not made for luxury. Overall you can't beat them for the price.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
We have a Terios. Mint interior, but never trust an odometer in the DR. People disconnect them all the time. They are good for around town and the campo. The motor and trans. are bad for the highway and underpowered for 4wd. Have done a valve job (which will happen when using gas rather than gasoline a lot). Not easy to find used motors for, which is an omen. We had to put a new one in.