Best School to Teach English in SD?

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I am planning to teach ESL in Santo Domingo after completing the CELTA course. Last time I visited I checked out Dominico-Americano. It seemed nice but I've heard the pay isn't as good as some other places. Could someone please recommend some other schools to teach English in Santo Domingo?

Thanks!

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for the link BabyBlu!

I think I should visit Zona Universidad. Perhaps walking around the area will give me some ideas.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
I am planning to teach ESL in Santo Domingo after completing the CELTA course. Last time I visited I checked out Dominico-Americano. It seemed nice but I've heard the pay isn't as good as some other places. Could someone please recommend some other schools to teach English in Santo Domingo?

Thanks!

Do you have a bachelors degree? I ASSUME you would have a better pay rate (and housing) with a private school. 25,000 -35,000 (and add free housing or a stipend of 5k-10k).

You wouldn't necessarily TEACH English, but you would TEACH IN English. Also, most of the teachers I know are teaching subjects that had nothing to do with their own schooling, and it's a non-issue.

Unless you hate children.... then forget it.