Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever received a USPS parcel in DR? Please share your experience?

A friend of mine sent USPS mail from Chicago to Sosua.
    USPS tracking by the tracking number on their web always ends in Miami.
    Who ever received USPS parcel in DR, please share your experience?
    How long does it usually takes for the parcel to come to the endpoint from the day of dispatching?
    Does they deliver it to your home in DR or you have to pick it up?
    Where the post office is if USPS had been sent to Sosua? (the post office is in Sosua or in Puerto Plata?)

Is there anybody happy on this forum who succeed to get USPS sent from US???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They come to your address with a slip or note that your parcel has arrived and you would then have to take a trip to the post office where your subjected to customs if the parcel contains anything they can tax you on. Take your I.D or passport with you they will either send you to photocopy it then they will start the procedure of searching your cargo, simply sign some papers that you received the shipment in good condition as well as all items intact then your free to go. By the way there is a small fee for shipping and Handling depending on the size of the equipment

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Forwarding Services

Get a Miami address with one of the forwarding services (CPS, MBE, EPS, etc.) and you will receive your parcels much more securely at their local offices (I am sure there is one in Sos˙a also.).
    You pay approx. 5 $/ lb. which is worth it.

donP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Vimenca locally; office in the Western Union building in Sosua adjacent to the beachway. You can sign up at Transexpress.com for an account (costs nothing), they give you a Miami address and courier it over to Santo Domingo and then it comes to Sosua. You get an email for each step of the process and then go and pick it up, showing your passport. Outside of Sosua, i.e., Santiago and Santo Domingo they deliver to your home, not Sosua. I have a credit card on file so they automatically take it out of that so I don't have to pay when I pick the parcel up. The price per pound goes lower as the weight or dimensions go higher. The minimum is $12.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not worry if I were you. Mail usually takes just over a week for mail coming from the US to Santo Domingo.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent a USPS Priority Mail package to a DR1er in Sosua, and it arrived in about two weeks. Sent another to Santo Domingo, and it was even faster.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive received USPS mail in Cabarete...delivered to my door...about 10 days after it left New York. Same person sent me mail a few weeks later, never showed up...that was about 3 months ago.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased some items from the US 2years back- it was shipped by USPS, and it was delivered by a motoco˝o on my door. I paid 50peso to the driver (I believe it was 50peso!)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What was the time between sending and reception?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    They come to your address with a slip or note that your parcel has arrived and you would then have to take a trip to the post office where your subjected to customs if the parcel contains anything they can tax you on. Take your I.D or passport with you they will either send you to photocopy it then they will start the procedure of searching your cargo, simply sign some papers that you received the shipment in good condition as well as all items intact then your free to go. By the way there is a small fee for shipping and Handling depending on the size of the equipment
    Thank you.

1/ What was the time between USPS had been sent from US and you received it in DR?
    2/ To what postal service USPS transforms in DR?
    (I visited 3 of them in Sosua: UPS, DHL, EMS (and National post) They told no one ever received USPS in their office.)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Get a Miami address with one of the forwarding services (CPS, MBE, EPS, etc.) and you will receive your parcels much more securely at their local offices (I am sure there is one in Sos˙a also.).

You pay approx. 5 $/ lb. which is worth it.

donP
    Thank you.

before I discovered it I sent around 5 parcels via USPS from US to DR. Time is more than 1 month - still no traces of them. Customer service newer answer the direct questions (they do not answer with which of the Dominican postal services they are connected). Tracking always ends in Miami customs facilities.

That's just interested me: what is the percentage of lost/delivered via USPS to DR? I am writing the article on this subject.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast