Interesting Article on Obtaining a Second Passport (DR Passport 25K) 6 Mo.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe if you're female and marry a Dominican.

A foreign national who legally marries a Dominican national may apply for citizenship after six months of marriage, no matter the location of the marriage. A foreign woman who marries a Dominican has the right to Dominican citizenship, though this does not work in reverse. A foreign man who marries a Dominican woman does not have an automatic right to Dominican citizenship.

Also...

A foreign national with Permanent or Investment Residency status may apply for citizenship after the prescribed waiting periods of two years for permanent residency and six months for investment residency. Residency status must be active to apply for citizenship.

Rules are here:
http://www.seip.gob.do/Consultoria_Juridica_NATURALIZACIONES/tabid/190/Default.aspx

NEVER pay US$25K!!!!!

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
Wow.. of all places in the world, that is it? I heard you can get a San Marino passport in a similar manner. What about some of the Stans *turkmen, kazakh, etc??

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If my memory serves me, these people were were offering RD residency a few years ago - for $4500.

I was happy to find Guzman Ariza.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I would be very sketical of the process described in this article. For the average citizen paying $25,000usd dollars is not a viable option in obtaining dual citizenship. I don't think that your average ex-pat is coming to the DR to hide assets from his home country. If he had unlimited assets than I don't think he would bringing them off shore in the DR and even coming to this country. Money talks but I would be very warry of you I was dealing with.

LTSteve

bolo777

Jun 24, 2007
:confused::confused:
If my memory serves me, these people were were offering RD residency a few years ago - for $4500.

I was happy to find Guzman Ariza.

I like more infor. I am interested in getting a second passport been i this country 5 plus years, did Guzman Ariza help with passport?:confused:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is this quote even true? Dominicans can go to 100 countries and territories without first being approved for a visa?

Dominican passport holders can travel without a visa, or obtain a visa upon entry, to nearly 100 countries and territories. You can also live or work in most members of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), including Antigua; Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Grenada, Guyana, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent; the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is this quote even true?

It pretty much is true. I hold a DR passport and have traveled to Countries without ever showing my US Passport. Uruguay, Argentina to name a few. But now Argentina wants Dominicans to get a Visa. But, yes it has been very useful for me. Business wise also.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It pretty much is true. I hold a DR passport and have traveled to Countries without ever showing my US Passport. Uruguay, Argentina to name a few. But now Argentina wants Dominicans to get a Visa. But, yes it has been very useful for me. Business wise also.

From time to time I check the list of where my wife can go with just her Dominican passport. That list has always been much smaller than 100 . I suspect the padding of the list is including those territories if the number is anywhere close to 100 in total. From the link here on DR1 about this topic:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/98513-countries-dominicans-may-enter-visa-free-more-info.html

AS of December 3,2009 Countries Dominican Citizens could Visit Visa Free/Paises que Ciudadanos Dominicanos pueden Visitir Sin Visa

Visa Free 90 days or less/Visitas Hasta 90 Dias
Botswana
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
IsRael
Japan
Korea
Kosovo
Malaysia (60 days)
Montserrat
Nicaragua
Trinidad
Tobago
Uruguay

Visa Free 30 days or less/Visitas Hasta 30 dias
Cook Islands
Hong Kong
Maldives
Micronesia
Montenegro (7days)
Niue
Philippines (21days)
Seychelles
Singapore

Visa on Arrival/Visas en el Aeropuerto(cost of Visa In US dollars/Costo en Dolares Americanos)
Armenia $50
Azerbaijan $100
Bangladesh $50
Bolivia $51
Cambodia $20
Central African Republic $50
Cuba $15
Djibouti $65
Egypt $15
Georgia $30
Iran (Must Get Approval Online www.mfa.gov.irere)
Jordan $15
Kenya $50
Laos $30
Lebanon
Macao $12
Madagascar $75
Mozambique$25
Nepal $25
Palau Islands $50
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tanzania $50
Togo $25
Turkey $20
UGanda $50
Zambia $50
Zimbabwe $30

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would estimate the list to be about 60 or close to it. But still some nice choices to visit for Dominicans who want to travel and can afford it.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
-- From article --

The financially stressed US government will chase money and revenue from wherever it can.

it is the bank or financial institution turning US clients away ? not because it would be illegal in that jurisdiction to open an account for a foreigner (or American specifically) but rather to avoid any hassle or aggravation in dealing with the US government. The result is to get another citizenship and passport, or as the banks are increasing stating, ?take your funds elsewhere.?

-- snip --

That sums up this ridiculousness in a nutshell.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Is this quote even true? Dominicans can go to 100 countries and territories without first being approved for a visa?
The article was referring to citizens of Dominica and specified not the Dominican republic. These citizens of dominica can travel to 100 countries without a visa

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
:confused::confused:

I like more infor. I am interested in getting a second passport been i this country 5 plus years, did Guzman Ariza help with passport?:confused:

Guzmans did my residency... I'm sure they'lldo passports

OMAR
You're right about the US Gov't hassling Financial Instit.
One of my funds that I have money in, a globally known one, will not accept US citizens as investors.... you need to swear you are not a US citizen or resident