It still surprises me on DR1

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
How many long term residents (not all but many) still have not got a clue where they live and how life really is, no names and no specifics but some of you guys just come out with some real BS observations, so wide if the mark it is embarrassing.
just saying!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Please provide examples.

Read the forums, there are thousands!

Like I said, just saying but boy some of you live in another world. I don't know if it is region based or if it is age ignorance. And like I said I don't mean all.
People speak matter of fact about a generalisation of the country which is not true. 'People generally mix with the populations, integrate, considered equal', what utter tosh. Some of us do, have or did, but the mass majority do not, there is a huge us and them among most.
'you can't visit without getting female attention', more sh1t talk, I haven't had any alternative attention in years, whether with my better half or not, either that or I have become absolutely immune to it, and if I have I would expect most men living in the country long term would also, I just don't eye contact woman, you don't do you, unless you are still living in adolescence. 'Culture' people use the word but have no idea what it is, apparently after years. I used to know north coasters who lived in the country for 15 years still couldn't speak the language, the most useful thing they had picked up was how to find a cheap whore for a friend while visiting. And no i am not talking about northcoasters, just that is where i knew most ignorant expats, they exist in other areas also im sure. I reckon this is a common breed in the DR, loud mouth knowing nothing cowboys who've lost their way.

Anyway, just noticed a couple of comments this morning that made me wonder where these space cadets have been living all these years, not a reality that is the DR!

Anyway, just saying!

Smiles!!!!!!!!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you can live in Islington and have a different reality from your neighbours, I just watched the secret millionaire lol

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
This is true, a homosexual living in a destination catered to men looking for pussy is a very different life, but very real, and I respect you for that, and all others. But those matter of fact posters who talk matter of fact where there is none, is exactly the point I'm making, there is none, and you are a perfect example of the reason why.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
This is true, a homosexual living in a destination catered to men looking for pussy is a very different life, but very real, and I respect you for that, and all others. But those matter of fact posters who talk matter of fact where there is none, is exactly the point I'm making, there is none, and you are a perfect example of the reason why.

Dude,

I luv ya, but.....

You really need to do something with your life......

Dec 26, 2011
It's my impression that homosexuals enjoy themselves in Quisqueya just as well as "men looking for pussy".

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
We sure do.

People that are "integrated" aren't on DR1, that's why you only hear bull**** stories.

I try to limit myself to this site when I'm at the office only. :D

I don't think you can draw this theory as their are plenty doms on here, but maybe you do have something as they all live in the states while preaching of a love for their country, more crap talkers trying to tell us how wonderful life is from the sidelines.

Sure Dr1 needs to be taken in small doses, one can only take so much, and an overdose is too easy, a bit
like spreading manure over your veg garden, a bit can help, but too much just ruins the produce.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sure Dr1 needs to be taken in small doses, one can only take so much, and an overdose is too easy, a bit
like spreading manure over your veg garden, a bit can help, but too much just ruins the produce.[/QUOTE]
Especially when people start new threads complaining about what goes on in other threads. :laugh:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The world is a dichotomy of different tastes, opinions, and conclusions. it's what makes the world go round.

Some people come in and sit at my bar and tell me what an idiot i am (i couldn't agree more), but then ten minutes later, someone else walks in and says i'm half-smart (usually people high on metaphetamine or PCP). Over the course of any given night, many girls won't even give me the time of day or glance in my direction even if the room was on fire and i was the only one holding the fire extinguisher. But then a girl will walk in, sit down at the bar, and make puppy eyes at me all night long. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this.

During the same evening, someone will tell me i'm the most boring, most monotonous person they have ever met, but then someone else will walk in and say you are the most funny person ever (usually drunk & lonely women from the midwest..the Ohio Valley). Everyone has different opinons and draw different conclusions--even when given the same set of circmunstances to evaluate.

It's bizarre, it's perplexing, it's inconsistent, but it's what makes the world go around. Everyone draws their their own set of conclusions, and some people draw a different set of conclusions about the same thing after as little as 24 hours, after they've been given enough time to reassess their conclusions.

No one is totally stupid, nor totally brilliant. Everyone is somewhere in-between. Pick the craziest, most mad, most fanatical person you personally know on DR1 and then re-read everything they've ever said. for every ten things they've said that dumbfounds and disturbs and offends you, there is always one or two shinning instances of brilliance and truth in their statements or conclusions. No one--well, maybe a few people--can be shining examples of stupidity, ignorance, and inconsistency (except for me). Likewise, no one can be a brilliant example of consistency, logic, and infallible reasoning abilities. People fall somewhere in-between. i know that i fall on the lower end of the intelligence scale, but i've managed to come to terms with it and make it work for me. After all, if you're going to be stupid, you better be tough.

By the way, i'm Dominican.

Frank

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It's funny. I just got back from half a Month on the South Coast and more than once I found myself listening to conversations between expatriated Americans wherein they vied to out-clever one another with their business connections, underpayment of Dominican employees, mark-up practices and of course the old "who's dating higher up the food chain?" BS. I flashed back to 25 years ago in Cuernavaca, Mex. where my Dad had retired and his ex-Pat buddies were having the exact same conversations at their favorite El Centro terrace coffee shop on a daily basis as they awaited the mail delivery to their respective boxes.

A generation away, all the names and faces changed but the conversation remains just as tired and self promoting as guppies and minnows who find themselves in a very small fish tank try to convince one another that they're Sharks and Whales. The fact that these Countries still allow Gringos to emmigrate there is a testament to their social superiority.