urgent

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
flying home to uk in 7hrs time husband very bad diaherra tried imodium any advice ,flight is 8 and half hrs long
will he be able to fly

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
flying home to uk in 7hrs time husband very bad diaherra tried imodium any advice ,flight is 8 and half hrs long
will he be able to fly

Don't waste time here. Go to an emergency room.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Loperil works wonders for me. 2 at the beginning, another one if necessary and lots of liquids.

May 5, 2007
will he be able to fly

Possibly, sounds as though he may have sufficient thrust but lift could pose problem, Urgently suggest attaching 4x2 foot extensions to arms to lower wing loading

Seriously, ER if Imodium does not work, about most powerful stuff I ever had OTC

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
With heavy diarhea I never use Immodium. It can be a stupid bug or 24 h virus running through.
The diarhea is the bodies remedy to get rid of the nasty bug.
Taking in fluids is the most important thing to do so that the body stays hydrated.
Go to the ER is you have to fly today and let them deal with it, probably an hour or two tree with a baxter can do wonders.

May 5, 2007
With heavy diarhea I never use Immodium. It can be a stupid bug or 24 h virus running through.
The diarhea is the bodies remedy to get rid of the nasty bug.
Taking in fluids is the most important thing to do so that the body stays hydrated.
Go to the ER is you have to fly today and let them deal with it, probably an hour or two tree with a baxter can do wonders.

My Cousin has a Boxer named Baxter, other than that can you explain how he will stop/cure diarrhea?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Ceprofaxcina 500 mg, twice a day. good luck, been there done that. Phil

~I would agree with JDJones....this is an antibotic and one of the side effects is Diarrhea....you dont want to kill the guy!!!:dead:

~ER is where he needs to be, not on a plane, one would naturally dehydrate on an airplane, this could be seroius for the gentlemen with no medical assitance over the Atlantic!!!

~Good Luck to the OP!!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I think you can stop it now, the person must be on the way to the airport by now...

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
To gert51,

If your husband has been like this for a couple of days the ER is the best place for him, if he has been like this since only this morning you need to stay where you are, maybe call a doctor, rehydrate him and fly tomorrow or the next day.

DO NOT GET ON YOUR 5:00 PM FLIGHT TODAY !.
In any case, I trust he's feeling better now and you both get home safely.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oddly enough, this is true. I took it recently for pneumonia and did some research and found it's good for killing lots of bad stuff.

If what you have is a bacterial infection, CIPRO might indeed kill it, but it will also kill off the good bacteria in your digestive system prompting the comment that it can indeed cause diarrhoea . CIPRO is the wide burst shotgun of antibiotics. Some people have very bad reactions to CIPRO and it really should be used only when necessary. Hopefully the OP had this all sorted out by going to the ER.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Diarrhea is very serious. Get Gatoraid, lots of it. Unless he was somewhere where possible exposure to cholera was a possibility, I think this should clear up in a few hours. The body is really good at doing that. I do not like taking antibiotics unless absolutely necessary under medical supervision.

Fluids and more fluids.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i had suffered similar misadventure, oddly enough it was also a flight from DR to the UK. i called it longaniza effect because god knows i cannot eat that without some major bowel movements...
anyways, it is perfectly survivable. i spent the entire flight, including turbulence in a bathroom. what made it a bit more challenging was my motion sickness disease. but tiny toilets on charter flights let you empty both sides all at once ;)

i hope all went well for the OP and her hubby!

He probably stayed in the bathroom all the way back home.
I once eat a bad piece of meat on the airport leaving Europe heading for Brasil. I got heavy diarrhea and stayed in the bathroom almost the whole flight. When i think about it now, i feel sorry for the poor passengers who had to stay in the same plane as me.

It was almost an flying gas chamber.