Whole House Voltage Regulator Recommendations

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I am wanting to replace the various smaller voltage regulators I have in my small ranch house with a couple of them that can manage the entire house. I figure I need something about the same size as my inverters (2 x 3.6Kw) but since I've never bought a voltage regulator I'm open to suggestions. The house runs on street power when available or a 15kw generator (or the above inverters) when not.

Unfortunately the street power stinks so I need the voltage regulators to...well...manage the voltage!

Recommendations of brands and/or places to purchase between Nagua and Sosua are welcome. Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Inverluz in Moca sells voltage regulators (as well as inverters). It is kinda/sorta in between Nagua and Sosua, but not really.

Megatone in POP is the same company as Inverluz in Moca.

I don't know anyone but Freddy in Sosua that might have some for sale.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you have 2 larger inverters and a big genset, a smallish regulator isn't going to do the job. I doubt you find one off the rack at the average ferreteria.

And it won't be cheap.

a 15kw regulator is a substantial piece of machinery...

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
figure out how much power you really use before you buy one. my 3k works but i dont use air cond.i use fridge,many lights, 3 fans, radio, tv. it has a breaker so to overpower it wouldnt hurt. shut something off and flip breaker again. never happened yet.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Don't scimp on this!!! We have upgraded twice after losing refrigerators, and TVs. Ceiling fans catching fire etc. Depending where you live these surges can be enormous. Bad in a block and concrete home, wood homes near by go up in flames and kill people. Have a pro wire it. I don't see how inverters enter the conversation. The regulators are meant to protect them too.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Claro / Codetel used to sell them off second hand, the industrial quality regulators. Ask your local tech if they are doing this in your area.