nikki beach

tanicos

May 28, 2012
hi

i'd like to know where is nikki beach and how do i get to it from cabarete....also is there anything there fun to do or beach bars, parties...etc?

thankss

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
hi

i'd like to know where is nikki beach and how do i get to it from cabarete....also is there anything there fun to do or beach bars, parties...etc?

thankss
Closed down a while back. The ownrts reopened it as Emerald Beach. Trying to keep up with the NB's traditions they are/will be continuing with special events etc. Let's hope they make it. I used to like going there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How long ago did it close? Must not have been long ago right?

I believe Nikki Beach closed in November of last year. It lasted about 1 year which was 6 months longer than I expected it to last. It was a champagne location in a beer budget town. Sir Richard Branson wasn't around enough to keep them open.

Jan 17, 2009
At the time, I've heard that they were moving to Punta Cana, but do t know if they actually did. Emerald Club open on its place by the Dominican partners of Nikki beach. Good food, terrible service and very expensive.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
considered trying emerald tonight but not a single client dining tonight at 9pm
too many tables to feel comfortable/cozy being only two clients

lax and la casita de papi's were full (beach tables anyway)
otherwise slow night for all other beach restaurants

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004

Does that tell you something???????????????

Bob K

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Does that tell you something???????????????

Bob K

Tells me they will likely not be open as long as Nikki Beach was open. Nikki Beach had a profitable corporate structure to feed money to the business here. A private ownership will not necessarily have those resources. It sounds like the current owner did not learn that having a champagne budget restaurant in a beer budget town does not work.

Jan 17, 2009
Surprised that LAX was full. Their food and service has gone down the drain.

lax and la casita de papi's were full (beach tables anyway)
otherwise slow night for all other beach restaurants

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
its always Lax and Papi's.
The latter i can understand as the food is pretty good and the ambience too. Lax never draws me in though...too much red; like eating in a butcher's :-0

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Nikki Beach was started by Jack Penrod! If you remember Ft. Lauderdale 1985 to 1987 Spring Break, you'd know "Penrod's On The Beach"... I was there, and juiced right through it while working as a guitar man... those where the days... also spent time gigging upstairs at the Elbo Room which Penrod's also still own...

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Is it still busy of an evening down along the beach front?! Is there nanny tourists there of a night? I am drivin though from Puerto Plata for the night an wanted to check out the best places to party these days? Thanks