One for The Brits .............

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have received notification this morning that The British Ambassador will be visiting the North Coast in late June.

All British Ex-Pats & their spouses are invited to a 'get-together' to meet Mr. Fisher on Thursday 28th June at Las Plamas (I think that should be Las Palmas) in Luis Ginebra. The shindig starts off at about 19.00 (7.00 P.M.). Refreshments will be served/available I understand.

Please advise our North Coast Consul (Genni Mendez) on 809 586 4244 (or make your mark here if you prefer) so that the Consulate may make suitable arrangements for catering!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I will be bringing my own crumpet I suspect ;) :pirate:

Tea I don't worry too much about these days ......... especially when the crumpet satisfies!! ~ Grahame.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I think it is at the same place as last year - the visit before Christmas by the Vice Consul? Very easy to locate as it is on the main road into Puerto Plata just past the Court buildings but on the left.

Good oppourtunity to meet the British Amabassador in person!

Olly and the team

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I think it is at the same place as last year - the visit before Christmas by the Vice Consul? Very easy to locate as it is on the main road into Puerto Plata just past the Court buildings but on the left.

Good oppourtunity to meet the British Amabassador in person!

Olly and the team

Are you bringing the team??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
puerto plata ? does he want to avoid most of the British people

There are several good responses to your question J-R but I will limit mine to one - Puerto Plata is where the North Coast Consulate is based & therefore qualifies as being the best place (in the Consulates eyes) to hold this 'Get-together'. As there are so 'few' of us British people in Puerto Plata & Costambar area (probably just 50 or 60 of us) we would like to have the numbers increased by the swathes over in Sosua/Cabarete!

PLEASE do your best to attend as this would help boost the need of Ambassadors in the future to visit the North Coast before his/her 'Tour of Duty' comes to an end every 4 years - this Ambassador arrived some 3 & 1/2 years ago!!

YES Olly, it IS the same place as our last meeting with Vianella - Consul in Santo Domingo. ~ Grahame.