Snail Mail Question for UK Expats in/around Sosua

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Morning,
We are wondering what methods UK expats employ to have their mail forwarded from the UK to the DR, specifically in/around Sosua. We have looked at Bankers Trust, Transexpress (they wouldn't let me set up an account as I hadn't a cedula reference) and one or two others but we would like to get the advice of others that are currently using a service, are happy with it and have no problems recommending it. We also would like to (in the future) incorporate small packages into the mix so that information would also be gladly received as well.
Thanks to all in advance.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
Casa Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, we're from USA, and when we're in DR we have our mail forwarded to our daughter's house for those months. She e-mails us the bill amounts, and we pay the bills online.

I realize this isn't what you asked, but it's something maybe to consider. Cheaper and more secure than trying to get mail in DR. Of course, we don't live in DR year-round.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
You can have it sent to the post office in Sosua, its in the complex near edenorte ( I cant remember the address). It takes between a week and ?weeks. The sender needs to put your address and cel number on the letter or parcel and they contact you when it arrives. There is nothing to pay at your end.