Escrow service?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Is there such a thing as an escrow service that can be used to deposit money that can be released when the work is done?

The reason I ask is that I hired a sofware developer in DR, but he's used to web-based outsourcing where the money is put in escrow, and will then be released when the job is done..

Thanks.

kgettle

Jun 18, 2012
Escrow.com, an accredited escrow company, acts as a secure third party to protect the Buyer and Seller.

Buyers are protected because Escrow.com confirms with the Buyer and verifies the service was received. The Seller isn't paid until the Buyer accepts the service, or the inspection period expires.

Seller's are protected because Escrow.com confirms when the Buyer receives the service and the Seller is authorized to deliver the service only after Escrow.com verifies good funds.

tanicos

May 28, 2012
if you go for Escrow.com do note the fees they take. Since this is a service you can only pay him by bank transfer and not your credit card, so make sure you add the transfer taxes and also their commission. i've used them a lot but only when selling domains. don't go for elance or odesk or anything like that because if the seller asks for an escrow and he does not finish the project you will have a hard time in getting your money back...open disputes, show emails, ims until they agree that the seller did not finished the project. Escrow.com on the other hand only releases the funds only when you agree that you received what you paid for, although you will loose the transfer and commission fees if you want your money back.

i;m a web designer for 7 years so trust me i've tested them all.