Any place near Cabarete that sells home gyms?

b0nkers

Feb 24, 2012
i'll be looking for a home gym of some sort and the person i'm getting living advise from doesn't seem to know if/where that sort of thing is available. she said maybe only in the big cities a couple hours away. even then, it was a maybe. she suggested shipping one from the US as well because those kinds of things would likely be very expensive there.

ideally, a smith machine or cage of some sort with bench and some dumbells. or if not.. then just a decent all-in-one style of home gym with weight stacks, pulleys etc would be fine.

if anyone knows where this kind of thing can be found, can you please try to give a link?

thanks!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
One thing - simpler is better. The dominican climate is rough on complicated gizmos, and stuff can rust/wear out faster than you'd expect here.

Are you hard core with a home gym, or just like the occasional convenience. There are a number of gyms in the Cabarete/Sosua area (not including the ones at the resorts, which can often be used for a very small fee) that will give you a good variety of solid workout options. Some of them are quite reasonable in price, and none of them will charge extra when a machine breaks down.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
La Sirena in PP does not have much last I looked. I agree with DRob about rust, wear out factor and proximity of gyms in Cabarete and Sosua. Sosua has at least three gyms. I have seen some home gym sets in the big hardware stores in Santiago but by the time you go there and cart the stuff home it will be a lot. Join a local gym with the added benefit of meeting people. Sosua has a Gold's gym sort of knock off in the Russian development of Ocean Village, and Platinum gym (better than gold, get it, and the oldest one Golden Park which is the least expensive. Golden Park lacks a/c which can get uncomfortable not to mention other people sweating all over the equipment and leaving it wet.

b0nkers

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks!

yeah, I'll be pretty hard core with it, lol. Preferably a home solution though as I tend to be lazy and work via the internet. It would be nice to jump on it when I have time and without the travel