Need transportation from Puerto Plata Airport to Resort! :)

reminis16

Jun 19, 2012
I am looking for an affordable way get from Puerto Plata Airport to My Resort (Be Live Grand Marien), its in 3 weeks and want to see what I can get through here before I hit the streets over there and bargain with a taxi.

I am Dominican and fluent spanish speaker so I can try get a good price but I really don't know what to expect to pay. It will be for two, My girlfriend and Myself. I don't mind doing bus/taxi/metro(lol) just want to get to resort in one piece and with all my bags.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks!

Also Another question, I would like rent a car for 5 days once I am there.. for the last 5 days of vacation. I am 23 years old, do you think its possible to rent it since I am not 25 years old yet? also I don't own any credit cards, Just cash and debit card here. Thanks!!

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
you can rent it at the airport they just want a deposit from your debit card around 300 or just have the hotel pick you up it should cost around 20 bucks

reminis16

Jun 19, 2012
you can rent it at the airport they just want a deposit from your debit card around 300 or just have the hotel pick you up it should cost around 20 bucks
I am not looking to rent offthe bat, i want to rent a car on my last 5 days. I want a ride from airport to resort first. Thanks

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Since you speak Spanish, call Tecni-Taxi (809-320-7621) to come pick you up. They'll charge around eight or nine hundred pesos - it was eight in March but I am not certain now.

Yes, if they are called, they can pick up from the airport.

reminis16

Jun 19, 2012
Be Live Grand Marien is the name of your resort? Where is it?
Carretera Luper?n, Km. 4,5, 57000
By road
gps.gif
19? 46' 41.35Luper?n Road toward Puerto Plata

saids on website... i don't know haha

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
It is on the Costa Dorada, next door to the Iberostar and just down the road from Playa Dorada.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Small Correction

I asked my driver this morning and he said it would be $600 RD (between fifteen and sixteen dollars, US) with Tecni-Taxi from the airport to the Marien. The eight hundred I paid in March was from a site in San Marcos to the airport - a much longer distance.

If you want his cell phone number, PM me.

reminis16

Jun 19, 2012
I asked my driver this morning and he said it would be $600 RD (between fifteen and sixteen dollars, US) with Tecni-Taxi from the airport to the Marien. The eight hundred I paid in March was from a site in San Marcos to the airport - a much longer distance.

If you want his cell phone number, PM me.
Pm'd this is perfect. Any ideas how i can get a cellphone over there cost effective? I used Orange last time i went in 2009.

Because if not i will have to find a way to call taxi, i also want a cellphone becausey dad lives in SD, and hes coming to resort later in week and that would be a perfect way communicate.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Pm'd this is perfect. Any ideas how i can get a cellphone over there cost effective? I used Orange last time i went in 2009.

Because if not i will have to find a way to call taxi, i also want a cellphone becausey dad lives in SD, and hes coming to resort later in week and that would be a perfect way communicate.

You can pick up a prepaid Claro cell phone for not very much. I purchased four several years ago for my dental/medical visitors (staff free clinics) and I think they were around 500 pesos each. There is (at least there used to be) a Codetal call center at the airport so you can call him, or you can call from the US with a prepaid card like the STI one.

You could also ask the driver about where to get a cheap phone.