Hello and new here

Gil3

Jun 18, 2012
Hello everyone..Just been doing a lot of research on the DR and came across this forum. I'm married, originally from New Orleans but have been living in Southern Pennsylvania on and off for the last 22 years. Also served in the US military and did that for a while. I've Been to Japan, Korea, Europe..except the DR and want to visit someday. Also want to visit the Heights and attend a festival in due time.

I have had schoolmates and co-workers from or with Dominican roots over the years, but merely "knowing" people doesn't really give one a true and deep insight into the culture or any for that matter. My recent co-worker and friend from the DR recently transferred to another state and we were beginning to hang out quite a bit. in fact, he was the life of the office, always finding an excuse to party and being from N.O. I can identify :laugh:. Great person to be around and his zest for life is contagious.

I've read some negative things about the DR and it's people. Frankly, it's Bull##t as far as I'm concerned. I've come across some nice people from there. There are good and bad people no matter where you go, period. It's all on how we handle it and make the best of the situation. I will simply experience it firsthand for myself. I look forward to being here and learning from everyone. Thanks!

Gil

Gil3

Jun 18, 2012
if you've read some negative things about the DR and it's people You should post about this article ans share it on this forum.
Thanks to you to found these faults.

Too many articles around the internet to list, which of course tend to focus on the problems between the DR and Haiti. While not denying them, I find some hard to take with a grain of salt. I have met people from the DR who treated me with nothing but respect. If they could, they would make me a family member. I have witnessed from near and afar at how caring and benevolent people from the DR can be. Either way, I simply want to learn more about your great culture and people, while ignoring the haters.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
So true, Gil, because I lived in Southeastern PA for 25 years and can write as many bad things about that place (or more) than I can here. There is good and bad everywhere...I just choose to focus on the former and let others entertain themselves with the latter.