Free Samsung Galaxy S3 from Claro...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Claro is offering the new Samsung Galaxy S3 free with a Smart 4 contract ($2595 pesos/month +taxes). It's a decent plan and a great phone...but like many things here I'm wondering if the offer is "too good to be true". It is only available in the SD Corporate HQ store and I don't want to make the trip to find out they are out of them or this is a "catch".

If you're in SD and considering a phone like this, it could be a killer deal...please let me/us know what happens if you check it out...

...and if anyone does go, please ask if this deal will be available later in Santiago, or if it's possible to get it without going to SD... and also if it is applicable to current customers or only new customers...thanks!!

Here's the ad on Claro's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...3484753021.126980.146468423021&type=1&theater

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That would be a very good offer even for The US. The phone is not even out here yet, and when it comes out it will probably cost around 300 USD with a two year contract which even at the lowest end (Sprint's 79.99 all inclusive plan) is comparable to the monthly fee...but you're right there's probably a catch somewhere.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most likely a loss leader, maybe 5 available. They want to drive traffic to their store.

Ain't nothin' free...especially in the DR...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Most likely a loss leader, maybe 5 available. They want to drive traffic to their store.

Ain't nothin' free...especially in the DR...

Definitely my thinking...which is why I don't want to trek to SD only to be told they're gone. If the idea is to drive traffic to the stores and sign up new clients, I don't understand why it's only advertised as available in the one location.

Another "only in the DR" type of thing: two weeks ago, before the arrival of the S3, the S2 was available for 7495 pesos with the same Smart 4 plan. Now that the S3 is available, and you would think they want to get rid of the S2's, they have RAISED the price of the S2 to 11,795 pesos!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You go to Claro. They sign you up and tell you when the phone is available they will let you know. Manana, manana. Don't waste your time on this.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Well, these prices are usually for new lines; The price of the device is always a little higher for current customers.
I wouldn't go to Santo Dominigo if i were you;These offers are always made available later for the rest of the country. You should check the Claro online store once in a while too. www.claro.com.do