A Model (Dominican) Family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Thought it was about time i started a positive post for once... so easy to be bitter and twisted ;)

I know of a amazing Dominican family who sets the bar high for families anywhere.
They are respectful, intelligent and generous.
They put a high value on education, both kids going through university and have good jobs.
They run honest and successful businesses.
Support their aging parents and a disabled family member.
Run a children's charity in there town.
They are proud Dominicans and care about where their country is going in the future.
and are all round top people.

This puts a smile on my face knowing that moral, decent folk are present in a place where the system pushes you to be dishonest, selfish and immoral.

I know there are many more examples of people/families that are stand outs in their communities.

Share the Positiveness...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Thought it was about time i started a positive post for once... so easy to be bitter and twisted ;)

I know of a amazing Dominican family who sets the bar high for families anywhere.
They are respectful, intelligent and generous.
They put a high value on education, both kids going through university and have good jobs.
They run honest and successful businesses.
Support their aging parents and a disabled family member.
Run a children's charity in there town.
They are proud Dominicans and care about where their country is going in the future.
and are all round top people.

This puts a smile on my face knowing that moral, decent folk are present in a place where the system pushes you to be dishonest, selfish and immoral.

I know there are many more examples of people/families that are stand outs in their communities.

Share the Positiveness...

Believe it or not there's a lot of common families like the one you described above, I came from one of them. Just stop socializing with los tigueres del barrio and you'll see by yourself.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Believe it or not there's a lot of common families like the one you described above, I came from one of them. Just stop socializing with los tigueres del barrio and you'll see by yourself.

Totally Agree, the reason I started the thread was due to bad stereotype that Dominicans have and was hoping that other people might share some positive story about Dominican people.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
My soon to be wifes family are very nice as well they arent rich or even middle class but the have a nice house her father is a carro publico driver mom is a teacher. When I first met my GF and we was dating there was no staying over my house for the night and she had to be home by a respectful time and that made me respect them even more for their morals her family are very supportive of us and have helped me out on different occasions. I have met many other members of her family and they are the same way very proud Domincans and I have alot of respect for them

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! (this is becoming my signature phrase here...)
for the love of god, again! this model family is, actually, what most of dominican families are, within their means. i know people from rich to the poor who work hard to provide the best they can for their loved ones, with the best of their ability. this, dear dudes, IS the norm.
unfortunately, they are quiet and humble folks who do not bark all the time like barrio chopos and putas. so you actually tend not to notice them at all :(

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they dont have a bad stereotype with me I realise there are all sorts of people from all sorts of countries

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! (this is becoming my signature phrase here...)
for the love of god, again! this model family is, actually, what most of dominican families are, within their means.

That is correct.

CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.