55 Gallon Blue Plastic Drums or Barrels

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Been looking everywhere for one of those blue 55gl plastic drums/with lid you see in front of many of the homes here that are used for their garbage. I have looked in all the main stores but to no avail.:confused:
Are they even sold here or are they shipped full of personal belongings from the states through shipping companies like EPS.

B in Santiago

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
B,
Mine came with personal belongings.
They charge around $100 for them.

If I recall, $135 includes the shipment and the barrel.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
B,
Mine came with personal belongings.
They charge around $100 for them.

If I recall, $135 includes the shipment and the barrel.

Did you purchase from the shipping company or did you purchase outside of the shipping company, fill, and ship...

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have one of those, here in POP. came from brugal, actually. are you interested in purchase?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I've seen a place in Santo Domingo near the beginning of Autopista Duarte, that has a bunch of them out front.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
we have one of those, here in POP. came from brugal, actually. are you interested in purchase?

Yes, needs to be new, and I'm in Santiago, pretty hard to purchase and get it here.............
What are they going for........

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i sent miesposo to investigate in detail but i understand brugal sells the barrels. they are somewhat used, once, to transport goods to brugal.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
These blue barrels are common in the pharma industry. Most come with black twist tops sealed. Inside the Ibrupobren, and other non-narcotic drugs are in a sealed plastic bag. Basf, Bayer and many co.'s out of europe and the US use these. I've seen them north-headed south on Hermanas Mirabellas in Villa Mella. Abbot Pharma etc. Best to check pharma and industrial areas for these. They probably already have contacts that buy them so will may have to negotiate. Buying one may be a problem. Many folks use these to gather rain water off their roofs.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Add on-- These are also used to transport liquids. The pharma business I was in made liquid gels and made Stool Softeners (soap!). You should be able to find these barrels at cosmetic factories, Colgate plants etc. Do you have any contacts that work at these type of industries? We would get authorization to take them. No big deal. Could be a nice side line for some of you people.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've seen a place in Santo Domingo near the beginning of Autopista Duarte, that has a bunch of them out front.

Yes, they have TONS of them there. Someone told me they cost about $10 [used]

We pay $40 for them from our NY shipper [Embarque Bella Vista], plus $115 to ship it [full of 'whatever'].

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
brugal sells them on a weekly basis, one has to call to confirm how many barrels are available. the price is 500 pesos. barrels have been previously used for chemicals (recommended for rubbish bins) or caramel/melasa (recommended to store water). i will get the number and post it later.

my personal tip for rubbish bins: drill few holes in the bottom (about the size of one peso coin). the barrel will not be stolen as it cannot be reused. and it will be much easier to clean with a hose :) also, the gunk from rubbish will leak into the street and get washed away with the rain, your bin will be cleaner and less stinky.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
my personal tip for rubbish bins: drill few holes in the bottom (about the size of one peso coin). the barrel will not be stolen as it cannot be reused.

You make "joke", right?

If it can be moved, it can/will be stolen here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barry, I thought "Y" knew of a source from her office that sells these barrels?

D in Migracion Limbo

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
"I thought".....first mistake....that her co-worker sold them on the side all the time for extra income.....
"I thought".....second mistake......that she had a continuous supply...........
"I thought".....third mistake......:confused:

B in Santiago