US Consulate Office in Puerto Plata

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does anyone know anything about the US Consulate office in Puerto Plata?

I want to renew my passport soon and don't want to go to SD. However, on a consulate webpage on the internet it said that passport services until further notice would only be provided on listed dates in Puerto Plata, with mid-July being the last date indicated.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You can ask to speak to Alexandra.

U.S. Consular Agency Puerto Plata Villanueva Street at the corner of John F. Kennedy Ave. Abraxa Bookstore Bldg., 2nd. Floor Alexandra - Office Manager Telephone Number: (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 Fax: (809) 586-8015 E-Mail: acssantodom@state.gov

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Does anyone know anything about the US Consulate office in Puerto Plata?

I want to renew my passport soon and don't want to go to SD. However, on a consulate webpage on the internet it said that passport services until further notice would only be provided on listed dates in Puerto Plata, with mid-July being the last date indicated.

i hope, for your sake, that it is not as primitive, backward, inefficient, lazy, discourteous, and just as much a waste of oxygen as the Social Security office in Santo Domingo is.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i hope, for your sake, that it is not as primitive, backward, inefficient, lazy, discourteous, and just as much a waste of oxygen as the Social Security office in Santo Domingo is.

No, it is not. Alexandra and Ted are very helpful people.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You can ask to speak to Alexandra.

U.S. Consular Agency Puerto Plata Villanueva Street at the corner of John F. Kennedy Ave. Abraxa Bookstore Bldg., 2nd. Floor Alexandra - Office Manager Telephone Number: (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 Fax: (809) 586-8015 E-Mail: acssantodom@state.gov

Thanks. I'm in the US now for a family visit but returning on July 5. I'll check with her as soon as I get back.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, Every other month there is an American Citizens Service Day In Santiago at the Centro Cultural Dominico Americano on Avenida Estrella Sadhala, It used to be every three months but I managed to convince them that more frequency was needed. There are a variety of services offered and US passport renewal is one. You have to make an appointment by going to the US Embassy web page click on US Citizens Services which takes you to a self explanatory page to make the appointment. Please do not inudate me with questions that I cannot answer I am like a glorified "Wachy". I had to try several times to make the click to another page work. The day takes from about 9-10 am depending when the Consular staff arrives till about noon. I hope that this helps some of you.

Mar 2, 2008
No, it is not. Alexandra and Ted are very helpful people.

But Ted isn't there now.

Alexandra is very helpful, but essentially she is just a secretary, and she can not preform the same services as the consular agent.

Ted will be greatly missed. He was the glue to that office.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But Ted isn't there now.

Alexandra is very helpful, but essentially she is just a secretary, and she can not preform the same services as the consular agent.

Ted will be greatly missed. He was the glue to that office.

Thanks for that update. I did not know that Ted was gone. Who has taken his place?

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks for that update. I did not know that Ted was gone. Who has taken his place?

No one has taken his place yet. It might take some time.

They advertised for the position, and May 4 was the deadline for application. I understand that the vetting process is extensive, so it might take awhile longer, but I'm not really sure.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
actually, Alexandra is a lovely sort, but with very little function. she can only offer basic information, but she does not expedite much in the way of tangible things. she is a joy to deal with, unlike the boors in the SS offices in Santo Domingo, who should be feeding goats in Laguna Salada.

Mar 2, 2008
I heard a rumor that a Dominican American has taken the Consul position.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. We'll see how that works out.

As I said before, Ted will be greatly missed in that position. I don't think they truly appreciated everything Ted did. He took care of a lot of business behind the scenes, and with great finesse.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I heard a rumor that a Dominican American has taken the Consul position.

well, if this individual has the lack of work ethic , and inattention to detail exemplified by the Dominican associates at SS, it will be a short matter of time before things go into the crapper.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken,you do have time.You cab get your US pasport "expadited" in a day or two.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC, It is not an emergency, I still have time. I'm going back to US for a month in September-October and will plan in advance to do it then.

By the way, CC, I am presently on the Cape enjoying the sea food.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was at my sister's house in Wellfleet over the weekend.
We had Wellfleet oysters,steamers,shrimp,and "Stripers" on the "Bar-B".
My son had a "Lobster Roll" at "Salty's" in Hyanis on the way down Friday night.
Only thing that compares with that in the DR,is fresh caught "Red Snapper" deep fried by a "Hatian" at the beach.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC