Caribe Tours Bus

May 17, 2011
I am planning a trip for next year for about 12 days. I am going to spend 4 days in SDQ/Boca Chica/Juan Dolio the rest of my trip is going to be in the North Coast in Sousa and Pop. I am going to fly into SDQ and fly home to the US from POP.

I am looking into Caribe Tours for getting from Santo Domingo to Sousa. Can someone tell me where in Sousa this will drop me off? Is it anywhere near the hotels? If not will I need to hop on a Monocho? I will probally be staying at new garden so I would hope the bus drops me off around there. Also how long is the bus ride for SDQ to Sousa?

I don't speak spanish so I can't find the information I am looking for on caribe tours webiste. Do I need to buy the bus ticket in advance online or can I just show up at the stop and go from there? I will be traveling with a group of friends and we don't want to risk the bus being full and we can't get tickets. So how do we go about doing this?

Does the bus have air conditioning?

If I decide to take a taxi what would a taxi cost to take us to sousa and how long of a taxi ride compared to caribe tours?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Mar 2, 2008
I am planning a trip for next year for about 12 days. I am going to spend 4 days in SDQ/Boca Chica/Juan Dolio the rest of my trip is going to be in the North Coast in Sousa and Pop. I am going to fly into SDQ and fly home to the US from POP.

I am looking into Caribe Tours for getting from Santo Domingo to Sousa. Can someone tell me where in Sousa this will drop me off? Is it anywhere near the hotels? If not will I need to hop on a Monocho? I will probally be staying at new garden so I would hope the bus drops me off around there. Also how long is the bus ride for SDQ to Sousa?

I don't speak spanish so I can't find the information I am looking for on caribe tours webiste. Do I need to buy the bus ticket in advance online or can I just show up at the stop and go from there? I will be traveling with a group of friends and we don't want to risk the bus being full and we can't get tickets. So how do we go about doing this?

If I decide to take a taxi what would a taxi cost to take us to sousa and how long of a taxi ride compared to caribe tours?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

You would be better off if you took Metro.

Caribe Tours stops in Los Charamicos, and you would have to take a taxi or moto to New Garden. Metro stops right up the street from New Garden, well within walking distance.

Both company's buses have a/c and both cost about the same. With both you can buy tickets at their terminals, no need to buy in advance.

In my opinion, Metro has better drivers and fewer stops.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You would be better off if you took Metro.

Caribe Tours stops in Los Charamicos, and you would have to take a taxi or moto to New Garden. Metro stops right up the street from New Garden, well within walking distance.

Both company's buses have a/c and both cost about the same. With both you can buy tickets at their terminals, no need to buy in advance.

In my opinion, Metro has better drivers and fewer stops.

Both buses will get you to and from Santo Domingo. Metro probably better for you because it gets you closer to your hotel
But if you have luggage and need a taxi anyway, then Caribe Tours may be the better choice because it has many more buses to Sosua than does Metro.

Don't even consider taking a taxi from Santo Domingo to Sosua. It would cost you more than 10 times what the bus will cost and not save you much time.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
sounds good thanks for your help it will be Metro if we deicde to go by bus!

The other option is to get a trustworthy driver with a van, and stop @ every colmado along the way and see the countryside, that can be a lot of fun and would cost $175-$200 including tip/gas divided among 4-5 guys is not too bad. BTW...there are always single ladies commuting to Sosua for work on Metro/Caribe Tours!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
sounds good thanks for your help it will be Metro if we deicde to go by bus!

The other option is to get a trustworthy driver with a van, and stop @ every colmado along the way and see the countryside, that can be a lot of fun and would cost $175-$200 including tip/gas divided among 4-5 guys is not too bad. BTW...there are always single ladies commuting to Sosua for work on Metro/Caribe Tours!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It is about 4 hours to SOSUA, not Sousa, depending on traffic getting out of SDQ!

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
ont know what day you plan on traveling but Thursday and Friday The Metro bus is usually packed so u might wanna book the ticket in advance.....i got caught out there on a Friday trying to get a bus in Santiago and i couldnt get a "boleta" because it was sold out(the 1:15pm departure) and $100 cab ride later i was in Sousa.....i mean Sosua lol

Aaronsmith

Jul 7, 2012
it is a good traveling method .

you can enjoy here more and more ....,

i also wan to go to there.

juant

May 9, 2012

Hope someone can help

Thanks
Hello my friend. To answer your questions and concerns, The Caribe Tours bus goes from SD to Sosua and will drop you off at the Charamicos bus stop which is like probably 10 minutes from the hotels in Sosua. The Metro bus drops you off in the pharmacy and Bon ice cream store in Sosua and you can even walk from there to New Garden and oter hotels(is like about a block or two to the hotels). Both buses take about 5 hours from SD to Sosua. You can buy the tickets at the bus terminal the same day and the buses leave like every 30 minutes to go to Sosua. The buses are confortable and have a/c and in some of them they put videos and movies. A taxi from SD to Sosua will run you a lot of money and it takes less time(about 3-3 1/2 hours depending on traffic). If you are traveling by bus, sit by the window that way you can watch your luggage from there. I advise you to tip the baggage man with some money so that he can keep your baggage safe. I heard of situations were tourists had their luggage stolen while on this buses. Be safe and get to Sosua safe.

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
i am also going to need to get to Sosua from boca chica .I dont speak or read spanish and the websites look confusing.I have a appointment beginning of september in Sosua a a lawyer to take care of our residency so will be in Sosua for the day and returning later.I can see bus is cheaper but adding on the cost of a taxi to and from santo domingo to boca chica would make the trip more expensive and travel time longer.Does anyone know if theres a reputable taxi or person with a car to take myself and my wife to Sosua and as cheap as possible?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Isn't it better to take the guagua from BC to the capitol, taxi to Metro and then to Sosua from there?