using the 'insert image' option

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
When I hit the 'instert image' icon during a post, it seems sometimes I can only insert a URL link and sometimes it also has the option to choose an image from my hard drive. Does anybody else have the same problem and does anybody know why this could be?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It worked, this is where I volunteer on Wednesdays. I saved the picture from the website into a new file then posted here from the computer I'm on using the "from computer" option.

Not sure if that answers your question though

image.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anna, I thought only the mods can post from their computer - everyone else has to upload to a website like Photobucket to post personal photos.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You are more than likely right AE. What does everyone else see? Do you have the option to upload from your computer?

With each upgrade things keep changing so maybe that is why you saw it at some point conchman

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
not a Mod, I see as always only the Option to "enter URL" for a Foto, no harddrive upload option.
such harddrive upload option would be very helpfull, specially when during the Hurricane season I want to post Fotos of Sat Shots about da Weather, often I skip the Fotos as it is a hassle to load them to somewhere else first and then get a URL to insert them in a weather topic here on DR1.
in many cases I do not have a URL for the Shots as I get them sent by e-mail from friends working at weather stations, so they are just stored on my harddrive.

but sure DR1 has a reason to allow such straight upload for Mods only, so No complaint from my side.

Mike

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Although the FAQ section Reading and Posting Messages suggests that I should able to post an attachment from my hard drive, this is what appears at the bottom right of every forum page: