Outsourcing IT to the Dominican

Ravid IT Solutions

Jun 28, 2012
Hello All,
I am a small IT consulting company based in the united states. I am at a point where I am too busy to be alone but dont make enough money to hire a network engineer. I have heard the Dominican has highly talented engineers at affordable rates. Where can I find these engineers?

Thanks,

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's best to advertise for this position on the Dominican, or as some say DR1.

Go to the advertising section and post your ad on this website...It works!

Gilles Beaulieu

Apr 7, 2010
Hello All,
I am a small IT consulting company based in the united states. I am at a point where I am too busy to be alone but dont make enough money to hire a network engineer. I have heard the Dominican has highly talented engineers at affordable rates. Where can I find these engineers?

Thanks,
You need cheap labor ???

US_Dominican

May 7, 2012
Hello All,

Thanks,

Go to listindiario.com.do you can put an add directly from the US and pay with credit card. Also, take a short vacation and go to Santo Domingo and go to the University. They'll be able to help you. I once thought about setting up an offshore accounting and bookeeping company. Lots of professionals in the DR. Highly motivated, not like in the US, sorry to say.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might contract a head hunter to find what you want. They do exist...

If you need help finding a head hunter, please send me a PM...there are young, recent grads that might want to cut their teeth with a small firm...

Let's hope this works out for you...patience is an important part of the process with anything here in the "Dominican"....oh how that hurts!! (It's the Dominican Republic!!! You live in the "United" ???? Get the idea??)

Cordially,

HB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
One issue you may encounter is to find a good quality engineer who commands good English, a lot of times you find a good English speaker who is not a good engineer or really good engineers who doesn't know how to communicate fluidly on the language (I know several of the latter). I know one perfect candidate for what you're looking for but he just moved to NY (like 15 days ago lol).

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
Outsource a network engineer?

Hello All,

Thanks,
Where is the network?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You are talking network support, if the network is down, how are you going to access?

Any network that respect itself has out of band access. If not you can always arrange for somebody to go over there and plug a laptop with Internet access to the network...