Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Health insurance for US citizens

My wife and 2 kids are all US citizens and not Dominican citizen. Only I have dual citizenship. My wife's sister tells me that many health insurance companies in DR do not want to insure you if you are not a DR citizen; is this true? Also, what would one expect to pay for a family of 4? Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ricky. These people that are just giving opinions do not know what they are talking about and are just spewing forth something they heard.

Go to a reputable insurance agent (there are a few) and get the proper information. PALIC, Universal, Humana are three that come to mind....it all depends on what you need. I saw a policy yesterday that cost less than RD$1500 a month for a family.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

all companies will insure non-citizens. focus on the biggest seguros, like HB said: universal, humano, palic. you can tailor your private insurance to your needs, adding details as you please: maternal, dental, pharmaceutical and other benefits can be agreed.
    you can also include and exclude members if you want to: other family, nanny and so on.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What is there coverage start date? For example, If I sign up today for health insurance when can I expect to be fully insured? One month, 2 month, etc?