Come on folks!!

J

John Fletcher

Hi! Everyone out there(DR)
After posting my message a month ago,I only had 1 response.
I am coming to Juan Dolio ,Aug.10 for 2 weeks all inclusive,staying at Talanquera Resort hotel.Any info on resort,area,local customs,good trips much appreciated.
My wife, and son will be with me.We are in our fifties and our son is 32(he has Down`s Syndrome).
What are costs like,what do we avoid and what should we NOT miss.
Any info.welcome.
GRACIAS !
John Fletcher
UK

R

Ronald McIntosh

Stay where you are!

No really maybe a trip to Altos de Chavon might be worthwhile.

C

Canadian Bob

Re: Stay where you are!

I would put Altos de Chavon as a must visit site, it is breathtakingly beautiful & really interesting, also you won't be "bothered" by beggars or sales people. If you don't have a camera, pick up a "disposable" type camera for your trip and you will be reminded of your trip when winter hits again! Wishing you & your family a safe & happy holiday. Canadian Bob.

H

hillbilly

Try these--

Hello John, sorry, I did not see your first post. Definately Altos de Chavon, and the other direction,
Try these:
Dining: DeliSwiss is a must! ***** wine list and excellent cuisine! Get a taxi driver to take you there...5 minutes from Talanquera
Also the Fleur de Lys, Calle Tropical #5 Villa de Mar, Juan Dolio. the owner is Jerome Van Hee. The phone is 526 1859

Golf: Metro C.C. Across the highway from where you are staying.
Nice flat course, comfortable. Steve is the resident pro.

The national Aquarium is to the west of Juan Dolio and worth a visit. Your hotel can arrange this.
The National Botanical Gardens and the Zoo are in Santo Domingo proper, but certainly worth seeing.

Everything else, except "people watching" is pretty much typical sight seeing stuff-Oldest Church, Oldest Residence, Oldest hall of Justice, Museums etc etc...
have a good time

HB