Cash advance on Debit Card without use of ATM?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Cash withdrawal from Debit Card without use of ATM?

I am trying to figure out if I can get cash using a Mastercard Debit card without using ATM at BPD where I am client.
Does anybody know if that is possible, how much is the daily limit and how much would they charge?

I get money wired weekly. These wire transfers cost me 30 US each time = 120 dollars per month.

I have another option: I can load the funds onto my Debit card where it would be available right away and not in a day or 2 like it does w/ wire transfer. Fee for that is 5 dollars.

So what I am trying to figure out is how much it would cost me at BPD to cash out from card or transfer the money from the card to my BPD account. Goal is having the money faster available at lower cost.

Does somebody has any numbers regarding that? Would be nice! Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
IF your card issuer allows Cash Advance on debit account, you should be able to do it PROGRESO and BANRESERVAS.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
IF your card issuer allows Cash Advance on debit account, you should be able to do it PROGRESO and BANRESERVAS.

At the moment I use it, the card would be "loaded". I would like to do it at BPD since I have an account there where I receive these funds usually as wire transfer. Basically I am trying to get the funds off the card and into my account at BPD, avoiding the use of a wire transfer. I want to avoid the use of ATM (scared of fraud etc.) though.

OK, do you know what the fees would be at Progreso or Banreservas to do that and the maximum amount I can get in a day / withdrawal?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
To save atm charges I simply go into my bank, Banco Popular, give them the card, they swipe it and then transfer the money into my Banco Popular account. The limit is the limit placed on the card by my bank at home, which is 1000 pounds a day, and the cost is a reduction of the standard exchange rate by 1.75%, which is what is charged at the atm although the atm then has an additional fee. All banks should be able to do that.

Matilda

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Don't know if there's a fee but you should be able to withdraw money inside the bank through the veriphone. Have you asked?