Whole House Water Filtration

Scott.cc

Jun 27, 2012
Hi - I am moving to Punta Cana in August from St. Croix USVI. In St. Croix we use cisterns to store our water and they can sometimes get kind of nasty, but I have a three stage water filtration system (each filter is like 18" tall) plus a minipure UV germicidal water system that is capable of filtering 6 gallons a minute for the whole house. We drink our water on St. Croix straight from the tap and it tastes great and other than having to replace the filters every 6-12 months we have never had any problems.

I was just in Punta Cana (looking for my rental house) and even though we "thought" we were being safe, me and my fiance both got the "quick step shuffles" after being there a week or so.

The whole house water filtration isn't terribly expensive (around $1,200US including the UV light system) - does anyone have any experience with this? Will the same kind of system we use on St. Croix kill off / filter out the nasties that cause tummy troubles? Or are there other filtration systems / RO / other considered a better alternative. I'd rather do someone that works for the whole house rather than a kitchen sink based RO system.

Advice Please!

Aug 21, 2007
I don't have the whole house system. I just have one under my sink for clean water in the kitchen and coming from the frig. The system works great. The Ecoserve company named in the above post provides good, reliable service provided by professionals.

I recommend them whole heartedly.

Lindsey