Teaching english

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course there are. Lots of them. But you need to be here to get one or two or three of them.

You will need at least two to make ends meet.

And be sure you have some qualifications beyond speaking English...

HB

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
Anybody know of any private schools to apply to for English teaching or teaching in English jobs in Santo Domingo? I have a Masters in Linguistics and a TESOL Certificate and have taught in 6 countries. Thank you. Richard

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I was curious to know how in demand one on one teaching English is. Recently I obtained my CELTA and I have a BA in English. Dou you think 300 pesos an hour is a decent way to start getting students? Where would be a good place to advertise the service.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I was curious to know how in demand one on one teaching English is. Recently I obtained my CELTA and I have a BA in English. Dou you think 300 pesos an hour is a decent way to start getting students? Where would be a good place to advertise the service.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Make some flyers and plaster the college notice boards, canteen, car park and fences.
I think you'd be better off taking evening classes in groups of 4 over maybe 2-3-1/2 hours and charging RD1000, in the capital anyway. I'm almost sure that was wha my neighbour used to do.

Is one on one a good method for teaching English? I would have thought group sessions were much more rewarding for the students, and you.