Canadian PR Application Questions

babysal

Jun 29, 2012
Hi, I'm Sal, I'm new to the forum and hoping someone might have some info to help me out. I just got married to my Dominicano on June 1, 2012. We are doing the <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> application and have a couple of questions. There is a form that ask if I financially support him. I do not support him on a regular basis but I have helped him occasionally, for example if he needed an extra 1000 pesos to cover his rent. I'm not sure how to answer the question...yes or no? Should I answer no and then include an extra page to say that I don't financially support him on a regular basis with a regular amount but I have helped occasionally? should I include the few western union receipts that I have as more proof of the relationship? or am i better off to just say I don't support him and not provide the western union receipts? Also, the application asks if he had an interpreter help with the application. He only speaks broken english so I translated to him what was in the application. Some other ladies, I have spoken with did the same but told me they didn't write in the application that a translator was used. Does it look bad to say in the application that I translated what was in the application so my husband could understand? I would think its only natural that I am his wife and we would do the form together and I'd translate for him. Is it better to say that his friend who speaks english helped him? is it better to not say anything at all about a translator? I just thought it seemed kind of suspicious to say he only know broken english and to not say he used a translator, if someone only knows broken english, there's no way they can understand that entire application. Thats my thought anyway. Any info anyone can offer is greatly appreciated! :)

babysal

Jun 29, 2012
Believe it or not, I'm not on facebook...lol! But if theres a group that can help, I guess I'll have to venture into the world of facebook! Even still, if anyone here on the forum has any info, I'd really appreciate it :)