Requirements for Trabajadora Domestica

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Just a couple of questions for anyone who may know and Mr. Guzman, if he knows.

I have an excellent Ni?era/Trabajadora and just want to make sure I am doing everything correct by her. When she worked for me before when I lived in Santiago, I pays her the extra month at Christmas but other than that nothing special. I would like to do everything by the law and give her what she deserves as a Domestic worker (that I couldn't function without!!) So here are my questions...

1) How does the Social Security system work and where do I go to sign up and contribute for her?
2) Will HUMANO allow me to add her to my medical insurance plan even though she's not family? Or would she need to sign up herself on a separate plan and I just pay it?
3) Other than the extra month pay in December, are there other required paid holidays? She will be paid in the summer still even though we will be in the States for 2 months.

Thanks, if anybody knows these answers I'd appreciate it. As a single mom who travels to work she is a very valuable asset to me and has shown her worth on many occasions. I would like to make sure that she is receiving what she should by law, and the extra that I can afford. My first year in Santiago, I went through 3 buena para nada workers and finally was blessed with her and after dealing with those others, she proved that she is worth her weight in gold.

SHALENA

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Domestics have the following rights: (a) two weeks of paid vacation a year after their first year at work; (b) Christmas bonus, and (c) to be included in the Social Security system. Any insurer providers will guide you in registering your ni?era.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thank you. Where do I go in Santiago to sign up for her Social Security?
Thanks

SHALENA