satellite and cable tv

Leroy young

Jul 1, 2012
Planning on moving to Santo Domingo, What satellite or cable services are there? Is it possible to receive Direct TV there?

Thank you.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I dont think DirectTV works anymore here due to satellite locations, but Dishnetwork works with a US address and a credit card to list the receiver and a large (4 ft) satellite dish (two if you want all HD all channels). These systems get expensive, I have one because I wanted HD with my large screen. I am very happy with the currrent system.

You can also get the pirate FTA system but I stopped after messing around with all the codes and constant downtime.

Most people here use Sky or Claro satellite systems (with small dishes) that have reasonable rates/packages but many channels are in Spanish and I dont think HD is available (yet).

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Most people here use Sky or Claro satellite systems (with small dishes) that have reasonable rates/packages but many channels are in Spanish and I don't think HD is available (yet).

I have the HD pkg in English with Claro in Santiago.........250 DP extra per month.......
HD is all I watch..............But, CBS, NBC, ABC are not currently in HD.........CRAP........

B in Santiago

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Hay B what do you pay a mounth for that . What did it cost to get set up ?

I have Claro pkg (Multiplan Superior 1) with a contract.....3769 DP per month...of which 704 is taxes..
This includes Internet, house phone and TV with some channels in High Def..........
Almost all the HD channels are in English, and this also includes 1 extra Claro TV box.......
I was told there would be a set up fee, but 4 months later.........it has not appeared on my bill.......
So, should I call them and tell them ? :cool: Hmmmmmmmm

B in Santiago

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks . I just spent an airm a a leg on a little 32 led . At polir i would at least like to watch espn one time befor my girl breaks it

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
ESPN is one of the High Def channels..........
Recently purchased a 55in LED Sony 1080p, and the sports are fantastic.............
I just sit and stare...........lol

B in Santiago

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have Claro pkg (Multiplan Superior 1) with a contract.....3769 DP per month...of which 704 is taxes..
This includes Internet, house phone and TV with some channels in High Def..........
Almost all the HD channels are in English, and this also includes 1 extra Claro TV box.......
I was told there would be a set up fee, but 4 months later.........it has not appeared on my bill.......

B in Santiago
how is the picture of HD channels as compared to american HD channels? I have seen a claro Tv with HD channel and it seemed lacking in resolution. I have a feeling they compress the crap out of the hd video in order to reduce the bandwidth on line. I was not impressed with claro's or any-other HD channel resolution in this country. I am looking for a cable system with HD channels but not sure which one. please suggest some service which provide dls (3-4 mb download) and some cable channels in HD. I have a sony bravia 46 inch DHTV.
thanks in advance

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011

B in Santiago

B, how fast is your internet, or rather, how much are you supposed to be getting?