Anyone sure here if its possible to renew residencia from outside the dr???

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I AM OUTSIDE THE DR ON HOLIDAYS AND FAR AWAY AND ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO IS APERMANENT RESIDENT BUT MY RESIDENCE CARD HAS JUST EXPIRED IN JUNE .THE DEADLINE TO RENEW IT SEEMS NOW TO BE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST ,or it's necessary to star the residency procedure all over again .My QUESTION IS IT POSSIBLE TO SEND THE DOCUNMENTS TO A Lwyer in the dr and have it renewed? There used to be a process that gringos could send their documents and have someone do this and pay for fee ANY ONE KNOW OF A RECOMMENDATION OR I AM I BEST TO DROP MY ASIAN HOLIDAY AND FLY BACK FROM ASIA AND. DO IT MYSELF!!! Thanks please ....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hi I AM OUTSIDE THE DR ON HOLIDAYS AND FAR AWAY AND ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO IS APERMANENT RESIDENT BUT MY RESIDENCE CARD HAS JUST EXPIRED IN JUNE .THE DEADLINE TO RENEW IT SEEMS NOW TO BE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST ,or it's necessary to star the residency procedure all over again .My QUESTION IS IT POSSIBLE TO SEND THE DOCUNMENTS TO A Lwyer in the dr and have it renewed? There used to be a process that gringos could send their documents and have someone do this and pay for fee ANY ONE KNOW OF A RECOMMENDATION OR I AM I BEST TO DROP MY ASIAN HOLIDAY AND FLY BACK FROM ASIA AND. DO IT MYSELF!!! Thanks please ....

Why are you posting this question again? All caps changes nothing. You must be here in person to renew residency.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Why are you posting this question again? All caps changes nothing. You must be here in person to renew residency.

Are you sure Ken? I renewed my residency three times by just giving the card to the lawyer. Never went myself.

Matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When I renewed mine on June 18th, I picked up an additional formularia for a friend and the migracion person told me to make sure my friend completed and turned it in before August.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Are you sure Ken? I renewed my residency three times by just giving the card to the lawyer. Never went myself.

Matilda
Now your lawyer would need the same fingerprints as yours...
It used to be possible but I was told not anymore when I renewed mine in March this year.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Now your lawyer would need the same fingerprints as yours...
It used to be possible but I was told not anymore when I renewed mine in March this year.

Fingerprints?

No fingerprint checking in Santiago.