Looking for a room or shared apartment for some months- Tips

fbl

Jun 24, 2012
Hello Forum,

I am currently beginning a 6-month internship at a german-based organization in Santo Domingo. Since i have to leave the place were i am staying in 2 or 3 weeks, i am looking for a furnished (bed, wardrobe, ventilator) room or shared apartment. Services (water, electricity, internet) should also be included.

If affordable I would prefer something close to my office (Ens. Julieta), but that doesnt seem realistic considering my budget (300- 350 USD/month). Therefore i am also considering Gazcue and the Zona Universitaria. I wouldnt like to move to the Zona Colonial, because its a bit too far from work, but that would be my Plan C.

I?d be grateful for tips for were to search for "my temporal home" (besides mundoanuncio. com) or even more for concrete offers (fbl79 at yahoo.com).

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Francisco

P. S.: Since this is my first post, I hope there isnt allready a better thread for these one.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am not that familiar with SD but i think in DR in general apartment share/room rental is not that popular. you may be better off expanding your search area and focusing on some nearby barrios and availability of small apartments (one bedroom, maybe even one room with a bathroom).
in POP my friend used to pay 100 dollars a month for a tiny flat in the city centre. SD, of course, is much more expensive but you may be able to find something at your price range. but possibly not in the area you want, thou...

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
I have an apartment in Santo Domingo, that I'm looking to rent. It's in Santo Domingo Este, on Avenida. Ecologica, it's right behind the Sirena of San Isidro. It's completely furnished, and has 24/7 security. If you're interested I can provide more details. I'd be looking to rent it after September 11th so IDK if that may be to far away from your time frame.

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
Nice plug. He's looking for an apartment in Gazcue or the zona universitaria, yours is a wee bit too far, don't you think?

Ill be honest I don't know enough of santo Domingo, to really be able to know the distances between where am located and where he's looking to stay at. It's a vacation home, and it's empty roughly 7/8 months a year. If I wanted to plug it I'm sure I could just make a thread asking if anyone would be interested or go on some sort of SD real estate site. I just saw this thread, and wanted to see if he'd be interested.