I should know by now

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Invited for a wedding tonight at 6pm, my wife couldn't go so I was ready on time, pass by the church at 5.45, one car on the parking lot, I drive on, drink a cup of coffee at a yogenfruz stand a few blocks away, come back at 6.10 and here I am at 6.25 sitting in an almost empty church. I hope it starts at least before the time I had planned to be back home...

My own wedding 9 1/2 years ago started one hour late because the pianist was still in bath...happens to be the same pianist, but he is here practicing his repertoir.

Anyway, maybe this is what I like about DR compared to my country, but just shouldn't show up on time.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dude, don't be silly. by now you should have established a routine, like i did. i skip the boring part altogether, i ain't coming to no church, no way! i skip the dancing too because i value my hearing. well, whatever is left of it. i do my rough calculations and i show up for the food. i am so good at it that sometime i walk into the venue and head directly to the buffet.
but mostly, to be honest, i simply ignore this nonsense altogether. every single reception i've been to had exactly the same food, regardless of the costs of the wedding. wtf? it ain't worth to get bored to death by the priest and then lose the remaining of your mind in a flood of earth shattering noise of bachata just so you could feast on warm shrimp salad and cold slices of chewy beef.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If the invitation says 6pm, folks won't arrive until 7:15 and it won't happen until 8:15.

And 5 minutes after the buffet closes the place will be empty.

But they aren't late. It's really just a time warp.

Dec 26, 2011
Mastering the language is cake compared to resetting your clock.

Been around it for so long and I still forget that we tell time differently.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The Bar

dude, don't be silly. by now you should have established a routine, like i did. i skip the boring part altogether, i ain't coming to no church, no way! i skip the dancing too because i value my hearing. well, whatever is left of it. i do my rough calculations and i show up for the food. i am so good at it that sometime i walk into the venue and head directly to the buffet.
but mostly, to be honest, i simply ignore this nonsense altogether. every single reception i've been to had exactly the same food, regardless of the costs of the wedding. wtf? it ain't worth to get bored to death by the priest and then lose the remaining of your mind in a flood of earth shattering noise of bachata just so you could feast on warm shrimp salad and cold slices of chewy beef.

dv8,
So you're saying forgetaboutit, Go To The Bar! :classic:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

The pastor actually didn't bore me at all, reading many posts here of people after one night stands, sex without compromises, getting into their third or fourth marriage or thinking to quit their fifth, I would say many could learn a thing or two from the message last night.

I was bored though the 1 hour and 25 minutes I had to wait until it started.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The pastor actually didn't bore me at all, reading many posts here of people after one night stands, sex without compromises, getting into their third or fourth marriage or thinking to quit their fifth, I would say many could learn a thing or two from the message last night.

I was bored though the 1 hour and 25 minutes I had to wait until it started.

Mauricio,
In that case too bad your wife could not attend!
I recently attended a funeral and the pastor said "He doesn't need you any more" which helped to take some grief away!

People are just given you a lighthearted response, I saw no reference to meaningless sex ( if there is such a thing as a bad orgasm) or mention of debauchery.
Be happy for the new couple!!! :nervous:

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Please don't think it's off-topic, but I invited a Dominican neighbour to dinner for 6.30pm tonight... what time should I expect them to show up?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
between 7 and 7.30 probably...

actually, while normally I don't go anywhere with my other half, I arrive everywhere about half an hour to an hour late myself.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mauricio, maybe you are onto something... i have really been to the church wedding once. i do not count the wedding of a certain family member because one, we arrived late, two, i ended up outside the church brushing herbal essences mousse out of my hair and three, the bride left the groom two months later on the account of finding out he used to stick his d**k into every available orifice until five days before the wedding took place (later on who could never understand that: he DID stop, right? BEFORE the wedding too, so why the fuss?).

anyhoo, the church wedding i attended. arriving on time, so to speak, because miesposo was the best man. so to speak, because we finally packed the groom into the car 15 minutes after the set wedding time. and i think we did exceptionally well, considering that when we were leaving groom's sister was still washing her hair. so there i was, ready for getting slowly bored to death when the priest came up with a real pearl of wisdom (you must know the bride was older than groom and rather on a large side): "jose could have found a better looking woman than maria but he chose her to be his wife." regrettably, i could not burst out laughing...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
...People are just given you a lighthearted response, I saw no reference to meaningless sex ( if there is such a thing as a bad orgasm) or mention of debauchery.
Be happy for the new couple!!! :nervous:

"Sex without love is empty. As empty things go it's one of the best."

Woody Allen