New to dr1

scoots84

Jul 7, 2012
Hey everyone!
My name is Sam and I am writing from Canada. Mainly registered so I could recieve some help from locals on getting a job in the DR. My boyfriend lives there and we are trying to start our life together and of course that means supporting ourselves financially. I am coming from Canada with a career in the medical field as a Paramedic but a long background in tourism and the service industry. Can anyone help me with where to start? i have been looking on the internet now for over 6 months and I know the easiest place to start is to be there and make conection but i cant afford to come down just yet...

any help from any one would be AMAZING!!!!
Thanks and looking forward to the little community I just got invovled in

Sam

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i can be done but i wanted to start a construction and welding business there and a hotel owner talked down on the idea because workers dont make nothing doing the same skills i do. but try to do more than one thing

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Eh Sam, hola! Just a thought, contact the local medical centres and contract yourself out as an EMT to two or three of them. Means you would have to have some form of transportation but I can tell you that they could very well use more EMT's. Good luck!

Zulu

May 27, 2012
Sam i say welcome to the DR. as well as DR1 from my experience don't bother getting a job down there your either over qualified or they can not afford to pay you and if you do get a job getting paid late becomes a habit so i suggest unless you have someone out there that can link you up with the rite people, i would stay in Canada until your situation improves i.e save take a trip out there and get some research done know the language get a bus map schedule go around town so you could find your way around then from the experience make a decision then you will know if it is worth it.