Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not ticks not fleas.what are they?

my dogs have these little bugs ..i know they are not fleas..they dont jump...and they are not ticks because i see no legs...but they walk,, they must have little legs...my dogs are itching and have red spots..and now i find these things all around the house...if i squeeze one they will pop with blood so i know they are similar to ticks...anybody ever had something like this?maybe baby ticks?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What colour are they? You know ticks when they get full, the legs get absorbed and they arent easy to see. Can you not take a photo of one to show us?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you asked a local what they call them?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be chigger mites. They look like very little round 'fleas' ,red/redbrown in color and cause enormous itching where the mite has bitten.
    Chigger mites do not really infest your house but can be spotted on walls when you have an outbreak. You can get rid of them easy by bathing your dog wit babyshampoo. Water washes the remaining mites of the body because they do not hold on like ticks and the baby shampoo gives relieve for the itching. You have to do this several day's in a row until all mites and their larva are gone.

Acira

5. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Those things are a pain in the a#@ had an infestation of them few weeks ago the got my pitbull pretty bad took many baths and my picking them off for days and also fumagating the spots the dogs liked to lay diwn in but they are gone now!

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

They sound like baby ticks to me. Love climbing walls. Most vets have shampoo and an unbranded equivalent to Frontline which is a fraction of the price.

Matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

very difficult to get rid , we had them well after the dogs had left and the sprayers had been in , they still hung around waiting for dogs (no comment)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Get this stuff called bano de baca and mix it like 4 cc per gallon and get a sprayer and spray all the areas the dog is also inject the dogs with invermectim (not sure if thats corretc spelling its a brown bottle with a pink label ) once a month I had the same oroblem those things get everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 6 dogs so i know your battles!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

they are black in color and cause a lot of itching for the dogs. they are very small in size maye 1 to 3 mm, oval (almost rectangle) in shape, very small legs. def. not ticks. someone said ear mites not sure about that bec. i dont see them in the ears but must be a mite of some sort. initial google searches didnt come up with any ID's but gonna try some more. Its hard to get a photo they are so small. i got a vet looking at em in a day or two, and I saved some in a shot glass for him.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out louse picks, could be the problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast