La Sirena Sosua?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]From a reliable source we learned that the department store 'La Sirena' purchased a piece of land at the Gregorio Luper?n highway a 300 meters from the entrance of Sos?a.[/h]
[h=5]La Sirena has over 20 stores spread across the country. Some years ago the firm opened a department store / supermarket in Puerto Plata on the Malec?n. The department store La Sirena in Puerto Plata is popular among the Dominican population because of its low prices and extensive range of products. You can go there for your food, clothing, cosmetics, furniture, TV and radio, bicycle, scooter and more. There is also a a restaurant where you can eat a proper meal for very little money. For Sos?a it would be great if there was to be built a beautiful department store like La Sirena. We assume that the information is correct, why should the concern buy that piece of land in Sos?a otherwise.[/h]

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
We assume that the information is correct, why should the concern buy that piece of land in Sos?a otherwise.

@ Ken _ Sosua News is like the Daily Enquirer, come on!

This is NOT a reputable news source, enough already.

Aug 21, 2007
Yes. I was told by a reliable source that they purchased the piece of land that used to have the horse trailer sitting on. When told, I questioned whether that was a big enough property. The person said, yes, it is a large piece of property.

Lindsey

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
The department store La Sirena in Puerto Plata is popular among the Dominican population because of its low prices and extensive range of products.
I use La Sirena because I live nearby. They do have an extensive range (by Dominican provincial standards) but I cannot see how anyone can claim they have "low prices".

There is also a a restaurant where you can eat a proper meal for very little money.
The restaurant is cheap and with a good range. One of the few times I ate there I was sick afterwards, and I very rarely suffer from food problems. My friends swear by it so perhaps I was just unlucky.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Grupo Ramos puchased the piece of land which used to have the horse trailer on several months ago. I know the person who sold the piece of land and is a very respectful land developer here on the north coast. I am a real estate broker and I have done deals with this company before and they have absolutely no reason to spread rumors. They have bought, sold and developed too many properties in this area to care about spreading rumors. The land appears very small and I even questioned him about this and he also had his doubts about it, but they went ahead with the purchase and so it is not his problem how big the land is. Grupo Ramos decided they wanted it. I had a conversation with my friend and what he suspects is that as this is a low lying piece of land that they will build an underground parking and the main construction will be from street level up. This is just speculation as to how they will construct but it is the only thing that makes sense. I would imagine that they will build two floors due to the size of the property. Sosua News says that that Grupo Ramos has purchased a property 300 meters from the entrance of Sosua...well this property is only a few hundred meters from the main part of Sosua. Also, two weeks ago surveyors were on that piece of land testing the soil.

travelbear

May 8, 2012
La Sirena would be choice addition to shoppers in Sosua. Loved being in the Purto Plata store last trip to the DR.

Realizing I am fairly new here and unsure how or if I can start a thread but I am curious to know if the Adscene will be publishing agin. Can anyone answer this, please?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Ice Cold Beers Are Harmful

@ Ken _ Sosua News is like the Daily Enquirer, come on!

This is NOT a reputable news source, enough already.

I must agree with Tambo!
Read this form Sosua News July,2

"It is hot in Sos?a
For two weeks it's so hot on the north coast and also in Sos?a, that we can speak of a heat wave.
The use of alcohol in this heat is strongly discouraged. Especially ice-cold beers are harmful and out of the question"!

Well, they lost me on that one! :cross-eye:cross-eye:cross-eye

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
I use La Sirena because I live nearby. They do have an extensive range (by Dominican provincial standards) but I cannot see how anyone can claim they have "low prices".

The restaurant is cheap and with a good range. One of the few times I ate there I was sick afterwards, and I very rarely suffer from food problems. My friends swear by it so perhaps I was just unlucky.

The befuddling thing that I found really interesting is why they did not put the restaurant on the seaward side.

Aaronsmith

Jul 7, 2012
There is a Walmart like store in Puerta Plata, it has a big department area, a food court and is a great place to eat a variety of food. To go there from Sosua, just walk to the main highway, and look for a the car ports on the side of the road away from the ocean.