Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This just in. Grace period for Cédula renewals.

I good friend just received this news from our person in Santo Domingo and I thought it should be sent out to a wider audience:

Otra buena noticia es que la Junta Central Electoral otorgó un gracia a todos los extranjeros para que puedan renovar sus cédulas vencidas con solo pagar RD$3,000.00, más RD$2000.00 de la renovación. Les informo esto para que lo avisen a otros extranjeros que viven en Bávaro y Punta Cana, para que aprovechen la oportunidad.

More good news is that the Central Electoral Board has granted a grace period to all foreigners so that they can renew their past-due 'cédulas" by paying just RD$3,000 and RD$2.000 for the renewal.....

Spread the word folks.

I just hope to renew mine once more, in 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I good friend just received this news from our person in Santo Domingo and I thought it should be sent out to a wider audience:

Otra buena noticia es que la Junta Central Electoral otorgó un gracia a todos los extranjeros para que puedan renovar sus cédulas vencidas con solo pagar RD$3,000.00, más RD$2000.00 de la renovación. Les informo esto para que lo avisen a otros extranjeros que viven en Bávaro y Punta Cana, para que aprovechen la oportunidad.

More good news is that the Central Electoral Board has granted a grace period to all foreigners so that they can renew their past-due 'cédulas" by paying just RD$3,000 and RD$2.000 for the renewal.....

Spread the word folks.

I just hope to renew mine once more, in 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB
    HB, with all due respect but this is old news but maybe some guys didn't get it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

it is a little old, but apparently a lot of people have not done anything and that will complicate their lives.

I wonder if this is an extension of the current grace period????

Who can tell what the bureaucracy in Sto Domingo are up to???

Good day all,

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Who can tell what the bureaucracy in Sto Domingo are up to??? HB
    That's the whole problem in a nutshell...............
    Even they don't know what they're up to.................
    And we're all trying to figure out what a bunch of nuts are thinking...........

B in Santiago

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know how long this grace peroid is good for?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again, this was made public end of June, BUT some newspapers say the RD$3000 is the total to pay penalty (+2000 for the plastic), while other newspapers say it's a minimum and the press release on the JCE website (you would think they should know) say it's the MINIMUM fee you have to pay (up until 6 months late) and after that 500 pesos for each month extra.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the deal:

• The new immigration policy is law. Through the immigration Department, there is no "amnesty," period. They only process applications for any sort of residency from those who have been granted a Residency Visa, and folks starting a Residency Visa must do so in their own country.
    • If you have a residency application in the pipeline, you're fine.
    • It's the Cancilleria who grants the Residency Visas, not Immigration.They are separate departments. This is where the confusion lies.
    • There is some friction or miscommunication between the Immigration Department and the Cancilleria. The Immigration bureaucracy changed the policies with little consultation with the Cancilleria (mostly patronage appointees with cushy "jobs" on foreign soil.) The Consulates on foreign shores have been SLAMMED and are totally unable to get a grip on either the paperwork or process. They have never done this before, there has been no training and the management in both departments are in turmoil (in other words, they are functioning at high Dominican standards.)
    • THERE IS NO OFFICIAL "AMNESTY." However to ease the burden at the Consulate level until the dust settles and the foreign-based Consulates can gear up, they are making a FEW exceptions FOR FOLKS ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN THE DR WITH FAMILIES, BUSINESSES AND PROPERTY/INVESTMENTS where return could constitute an undue burden...on a case by case basis...to obtain a Resident Visa without leaving the country. It's up to the Cancilleria when they get their pooh together and stop the exceptions.
    • The door could slam shut tomorrow or in a month. There is no time frame. It's all legal, but unofficial.
    • Once given the Residency Visa through the Cancilleria, the regular application for Residency apply through Immigration.

I hope this helps. It's about as clear as I could make it.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    does anyone know how long this grace peroid is good for?

Dec 31st this year.

Matilda

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Once again, this was made public end of June, BUT some newspapers say the RD$3000 is the total to pay penalty (+2000 for the plastic), while other newspapers say it's a minimum and the press release on the JCE website (you would think they should know) say it's the MINIMUM fee you have to pay (up until 6 months late) and after that 500 pesos for each month extra.
    This is what is says when you look up your cedula data.
    Monto a pagar por atraso / Amount Due unpaid month(s) : Si tiene seis (6) meses o más de atraso pagará RD$3,000.00 pesos. Si tiene cinco (5) meses o menos de atraso pagará a razón de RD$500.00 por cada mes. / If you have six (6) months or more in arrears will pay RD$3,000.00 pesos. If you have five (5) months or less in arrears will pay at the rate of RD$500.00 per month.

Plus renewal cost. Is all clear now.

Matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    This is what is says when you look up your cedula data.
    Monto a pagar por atraso / Amount Due unpaid month(s) : Si tiene seis (6) meses o más de atraso pagará RD$3,000.00 pesos. Si tiene cinco (5) meses o menos de atraso pagará a razón de RD$500.00 por cada mes. / If you have six (6) months or more in arrears will pay RD$3,000.00 pesos. If you have five (5) months or less in arrears will pay at the rate of RD$500.00 per month.

Plus renewal cost. Is all clear now.

Matilda
    where does it say that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast