Hotel in Sosua

T

Tony

Can anyone tell me about "Hotel Waterfront" in Sosua. How far is it from Puerto Plata. Arriving Aug. 2 2001. Thanks

C

ChicacagoChris

Its about a 15 minute ride from the POP airport and was purchased by new people about a year ago. I had a few drinks with one of the new owners and he had budgeted for some upgrades. I only stayed there once under the old management and the only negative was no televisions in the rooms. New management advised they had budgeted for TVs in the next year.

Waterfront has one of the nicest pools with one of the nicest views in all of Sosua. Waterfront restaurant has never disappointed me. Its a very short walk to the center of Sosua or to the main beach. Yesterday I came across a card from one of the new owners signed as good for drinks after dinner. I hope to be taking them up shortly on that.

B

Bob White

see web page at http://www.hotelwaterfront.com

Just a quick 15 minute drive east of the airport

G

Grahame Bush

Greetings Mr. White, welcome to the board. Haven't seen postings from you before or have I just been blind?

If it is your good Canadian self from Sosua, I for one, look forward to your input of considered, sane & reasoned views, gained from many years of experience in Sosua. - Grahame/

R

Richard

I agree with Grahame. Where have you been Bob? if anyone knows Sosua it is Bob White.

T

Tom F.

Roberto Blanco

How is everything? Say hi to everyone in Sosua.

M

mkohn

I'm pretty sure we stumbled upon it by accident last week!
Sosoua is about 20 minutes from Puerto Plata (even crammed in a guagua for $RD20 ea.). We got the cabbie down from $RD300 to $RD200 for the return trip.
After looking out over the cliff for a few minutes, we decided to have a drink at the bar and ask someone. The Cuba Libres were great, the bar was large, and there was a 2 level deck overlooking a bay - gorgeous. I bet the sunsets are exquisite. We could just see the beach from there.
The waiter said the beach was a 5 minute walk, so we walked down, found a map outside the cab station, and just down the kiosk-lined street we were there.
Back to the Waterfront, the pool looked beautiful, the bathroom (ladies') was clean. Happy Hour starts at 4pm. From that vantage point, it looked like a nice place to stay. Enjoy.

S

Sylvia

Pension Anneliese is under german mangement and well liked by many guests.It is right next to the Hotel Waterfront.And it is very privat.The rooms of the Pension Anneliese are much nicer than the one from the Waterfront.

Facing the ocean,in aquite dead-end road,only 5 minutes walk to the wonderful beach and center of sosua.
Many options for shopping and entertainment in the charming village.

FACILITIES:
Pension with 10 rooms,reception,breakfast terrace with oceanview.
Garden with swimmingpool,sun terrace,sun chairs,umbrellas and pool bar.

ROOMS:
Comfortable rooms with shower,WC,ceilingfan,safty deposit box,privat
balcony or terrace parciel with oceanview.Childrensbed and refrigerator
available.

SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT:
Watersports like diving,sailing,surfing,waterskiing
at the beach.Excursions across the county to discover land and meat the
people can be arranged
by the mangement.

ROOM RATES: depend on the saison per night
double US$ 25- 55
single US$ 15-30
trippel US$ like double,third person US$ 15
MAY US$ 30,- double room

BREAKFAST + tax
big RD$ 65
small RD$ 45
kids RD$ 30

FOTOS: can be send by mail

PENSION ANNELIESE
Calle Dr Rosen # 62
Sosua El Batey
Tel / Fax 571 2208
email analise.pension@codetel.net.do

B

Bob White

Mary Kohn...

Thanks for the nice write up. Next time your in Sosua...keep this and I'll buy you a "Cocktail" don't have to wait for happy hour. sorry you missed the sundet it is gorgeous.

Again Thanks

BOB WHITE
Hotel/Restaurant Waterfront

H

HongKong Fooey

Sosua: Havana and Bogey's

Hi, can anyone give some feedback on these two bar/restaurants? They have been suggested to me as good. Location? Food? Atmoshere?

Thanks!

P

puce

when i go in sosua its my favorite place the waterfront hotel!and the restaurant is the best in sosua great food and the view!

A

Andre

The waterfront hotel dosent have any oceanview room.
And to be honest: in the restaurant you get served good food(but small plates)and that for high price.

Therefor i recomend the hotel next doors.Rooms with a nice oceanview.
There you also get a great breakfast.For lunch and diner there are many restaurants in town.

If you want an all-inclusiv hotel i recomend Casa Marina Reef or Beach Hotel!!

greetings from puerto plata
andre

Vistit the SAMS BAR in puerto plata