Police On Parking In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The commander of the traffic police (AMET) Freddy Mart?nez Agramonte announced in an interview with Costa Norte Network TV that you should beware when you park your car in Sos?a, Amet will be stricter on illegal parking. The commander said that AMET especially aims on cars parked in passageways and exits and which impede traffic flow. In case of emergency, fire truck and police must have free passage and be able access the emergency site without being impeded by badly parked vehicles. Even vehicles that stop in the streets for a friendly chat and therefore impede the traffic flow will receive a ticket.[/h]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Even vehicles that stop in the streets for a friendly chat and therefore impede the traffic flow will receive a ticket.]

i like how it sounds: like it's nothing bad but heck, they'd even go as far as to torture those poor friendly souls who halt the traffic to exchange an info on a recent f**k :)

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Even vehicles that stop in the streets for a friendly chat and therefore impede the traffic flow will receive a ticket.

IMO, they should close off the street to traffic on the strip the way they do in Boca Chica, if not all the time at least during the evenings and/or weekends.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
IMO, they should close off the street to traffic on the strip the way they do in Boca Chica, if not all the time at least during the evenings and/or weekends.
If you're thinking PC in Sosua, you've got my vote. It would be a pleasant change and good for business.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Another issue, in my opinion, is the amount of motoconchos flying around at top speed. It's a danger to pedestrians and, god forbid, if a gringo gets in an accident with one of these @ssholes, the gringo pays through the nose. Admit it, half of them are thieves, drug dealers and scammers. They've got to be regulated!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Another issue, in my opinion, is the amount of motoconchos flying around at top speed. It's a danger to pedestrians and, god forbid, if a gringo gets in an accident with one of these @ssholes, the gringo pays through the nose. Admit it, half of them are thieves, drug dealers and scammers. They've got to be regulated!

I almost got nailed by a moto, a jump saved me.
Usually I'm looking around like a deer at the watering hole, can't let your attention slip!!!