Unlocking Phones

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
My friend was unable to have her 4G IPhone unlocked but her family sent her a 3G and they unlocked it. I have a 4G and an old 3G in the box and will have the 3G unlocked to use in DR.
I was wondering if they are able to unlock Droids as I Have a Droid for my daughter.
Anyone unlock phones in Santiago? Where did you go?

SHALENA

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My guy was able to unlock the dreaded AT&T Go phones which everyone said was not possible.

It's amazing what you can get done in the barrios

Jan 17, 2009
You can have the 4G unlocked if it is not under contract. Call up AT&T Shalena and give it a try. My son did it on the phone but had to wait for an email for weeks. I instead use their technical customer support chat feature, waited for just two minutes, and got a 3G unlocked in less than an hour. I just waited for one of those hot Sunday afternoons to call (just my assumption that there would be less people calling).

I had the 3G unlocked in Cabarete last year for about $20, but didn't work for too long. Distracted my daughter accepted an update. Now it'll last forever as it no longer has any links to AT&T.

You can probably get the Android phone unlocked easily too. I only had problems with a Nokia C3 Go Phone that I love, and that was because I refused to pay $50 which was the same I had paid for the phone.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is surprising that some small shops can do everthing ..I have a XPERIA ,,,I got that unlocked from some Australian company

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
3G Iphones can be unlocked by software but the 4G/4GS either have to be no contract phones because the only unlock available is a teathered unlock the downside to that is that if the battery goes dead for any reason you will need a computer to restart the phone.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
My brother gave my son a iphone 4GS that he got with his upgrade with AT&T. My son got the phone unlocked in San Francisco and he has had problems with the phone ever since.