TWA rumor or truth?

C

catherine

Is is this true what I have been hearing that TWA made a rule that now to travel to the DR you can only take one luggage and a carry on?

D

DR1

Yep, it appears that way....

I had a bad experience recently.

See my post at http://dr1.com/board/index.cgi?read=59331

Rob.

S

SCARAMOOCH

Re: Yep, it appears that way....

Do you think Dominicans are going to fly TWA when they are use to taking everything but the kitchen sink to the DR. What Dominicans need to do is boyghcott both airline and not fly at all for a month unless it's an extreme emergency. The problem is Dominicans have as much glue as snot on a doornob.

H

hlywud

Canadian airlines the same

Canadian airlines tothe DR (Air Transat, C3000, Skyservice and Royal) have had these restrictions for about 5 years now. Each passenger is allowed one (1) piece of luggage 20 kg. max and one carryon piece which has size restrictions.

G

George

Re: AIR FRIEGHT!!!

Why take free weight when air frieght pays so much. This is why no extra room for your things. Now you see not only passengers are now #2 and air frieght is top paying loads. IT IS ALL A RIP OFF.

L

Larry

Re: Canadian airlines the same

Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of checked-in luggage and one carry on. Excess weight is subject to an extra charge.

C

ChicacagoChris

Re: AIR FRIEGHT!!!

Up here in Chicago we say "yup" not "yep". You guys have to be Canadian. Anyway, ya hey, AA is now showing links on its web site with TWA. AA picked up TWA when TWA went belly up like a (Oh well, I won't say it but like alot of ugly stuff I see on beaches down there). It appears as if I'm seeing alot of crappy flight connections that I didn't see before. At least in support of AA I'm seeing some of the same old good ones but forgive my inquiring mind, $890.00 from Chicago to POP during American Thanksgiving? AA has to be kidding. Who goes down there at that time anyway? I do and one way or another, between now and then, I'll get it cheaper.

For the Canucks, what's the opposite of yup? Answer: Nope. That's an example of two nations separated by a common border and three different languages. For matters that transcend all boundaries, cultures and languages, there are kids in RD that really want to go to school but cannot due to circumstances that
sometimes defy description. School is free. Uniforms, socks, underwear, a belt, shoes and some supplies are required. If you are at Brittania Pub in Sosua, please donate generously to the Sosua Kids Fund. Fifty bucks American goes for a year plus for a kid. None of us could get down there if we could not add, subtract, multiply or divide. For those that know me, I have leaned to use percentages of 1/3 very well.

P

Phyllis

Yes charter flights allow for 2 bags and 1 carry on.

L

Lyse

But we are still talking about 20Kg + the carry on

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: TWA restriction is not likely permanent

The TWA restriction is probably for a limited time, either for the season, or until they can figure out a solution. I'm sure the airline does not LIKE having to make this restriction, but they obviously have a problem with luggage capacity, as did Continental a year or two ago.

Prior to this restriction, Continental, Northwest, and American airlines have all allowed up to 2 pieces of checked luggage weighing up to 70 lbs each (32 Kg each) and 1 carry-on that isn't weighed but fits in the overhead. I also found they do not enforce the 1 carry-on restriction when two pieces are checked, and that you can in practice, bring aboard a second piece of carry-on luggage sized to fit under the seat in front of you (again, the size part is not enforced - it just has to fit in the overhead). I have seen the second carry-on restricted on occassion on very full flights.

P

Phyllis

Re: TWA restriction is not likely permanent

I was allowed 40 lbs and depending on the person you get, you may get away with alittle more - or you may have to pay $5 CDN for each pound over!