Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP on Claro's Cisco DDR2201 Modem......

Maybe somebody here have better knowledge on this modem. My wife has an internet phone and it uses following ports.

UDP 5060
    UDP 20000-60000
    UDP 123
    TCP 10001

I have read a manual online somewhere and it said to set up the port triggering/firewall and some site have suggest to set up virtual servers or put it in DMZ. I tried all this and it seems like the phone just don't like this modem. I brought the internet phone to work and open/forwarded above ports and linked ip to that phone and everything seems to be working perfectly so I know it isn't the phone issue. It's definitely Claro's modem(Cisco DDR2201) issue. Anybody here successfully worked on this modem to open up ports for private servers or for the game/gaming systems/servers?

I won't be home until several hours later but I would like to have a head start because I know my wife will be on my ass again about lack of her internet phones service and her not being able to speak to her parents and friends in Korea for couple of weeks. Help on correctly configuring this modem so I can have some peace and quite this weekend.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by "Internet Phone"?

MagicJack, Skype, NetTalk or what?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    What do you mean by "Internet Phone"?

MagicJack, Skype, NetTalk or what?
    It's called myLG070...
    070 service is like Vonage in Korea but it's for those who wants free/discounted calls to Korea...
    Just like the link below my wife's phones uses specific ports to connect to it's server....
    and the all the ports that are used by this service is UDP 5060 and 20000-60000 to make/receive calls and 10001 to upgrade it's firmware...
    https://support.vonage.com/app/answe...ort-forwarding

I am convinced that Claro is giving out broken unit or one with incomplete firmware. Is anybody having problem deleting port triggering and Virtual Server settings?

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get into the router to change the DNS servers, which are probably set at 0.0.0.0, try the Google DNS's servers or OpenDNS servers.

Google servers: Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers

OpenDNS servers: 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

Touching all that other stuff you mention can create problems.

There was one web site I used to visit often, all of a sudden I could not access it any more, changed the DNS servers as they suggested to Google DNS servers and it worked again.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

SantiagoDR, blocked/closed ports have nothing to do with DNS.

Koreano, can you adjust settings on your IP phone? If you can add STUN server it may help to solve the problem. From a quick search in Google it looks like your problem with that particular modem is quite common. Look here - [Config] Cisco DDR2201 port forwarding - Cisco | DSLReports Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    SantiagoDR, blocked/closed ports have nothing to do with DNS.

Koreano, can you adjust settings on your IP phone? If you can add STUN server it may help to solve the problem. From a quick search in Google it looks like your problem with that particular modem is quite common. Look here - [Config] Cisco DDR2201 port forwarding - Cisco | DSLReports Forums
    I'm aware of that Bred.

Keeping an open mind usually helps solve problems.

The point is, it may not be blocked ports, it may be a DNS problem.

For instance, the NetTalk VOIP units will not work unless you use certain routers.

If I plug the NetTalk VOIP unit directly into the modem/router I got from Claro (Thomson TG 580) it will not work. Even tho the specs on this router says I can change the DNS servers, Claro does not allow it on the ones they supply. The routers DNS is set at all 0's. Thus another reason I have DNS servers set in my P/C.

There are only certain routers the NetTalk VOIP units will work with.
    I have an additional Linksys router after my Claro supplied router for this reason.

In this case (Example) the NetTalk Voip unit not working was not a port block problem which many would have suggested it was.

I have 3 different VOIP services, security cameras running and have not needed to do any port forwarding, etc.
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 07-16-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

SantiagoDR...

Maybe I like problems and like playing with fire.. I don't think making few things will cause huge problem. Even if huge problem arise, I know there is reset button on the back and phone number for Claro(UGH) are always there for me if I encounter the problem that may be more then I can handle.

Bred...
    I've found that posts last week and as you may read I don't think OP had the problem solved. I think I can change the ip addresses on the phone but I think that's the all the settings I can change on this phone. I have read through the manual Port Triggering Setup for Cisco from start to finish but no answer.

I am going nuts with this modem and I might have to go to other route of buying other modem or other solutions like putting the modem in the bridge mode and set up another router or firewall computer so my wife can make/receive calls. I will buy couple of cold one if anybody can give me instructions. I really don’t want over complicate things and add another 24/7 electricity sucking devices running in my house.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I give up.
    Somehow every setting that I changed and tried didn't work and I am sick of my wife crying about the phone.

Does anybody know where to buy a cheap modem (none Cisco brand) that works with Claro multiplan? I know that Thomson brand will works but I don't know where to get it. Does anybody know if I Can just to go Claro and buy a Thomson modem? What is the cost of the buying one?

Thanks...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you only use the modem for internet, not Claro TV, then I can suggest you to get a cheaper modem, like SpeedTouch / Thomson, or Actiontec. They are easy to setup/adjust. I think I saw someone selling a used Speedtouch (in Dominican Central classifieds) for 300 or 400 Pesos, may be a stolen one.

I've sent you a PM

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    If you only use the modem for internet, not Claro TV, then I can suggest you to get a cheaper modem, like SpeedTouch / Thomson, or Actiontec. They are easy to setup/adjust. I think I saw someone selling a used Speedtouch (in Dominican Central classifieds) for 300 or 400 Pesos, may be a stolen one.

I've sent you a PM
    I am in Santiago and weekend drive to Sosua/Puerto Plata just for 400 Paso solutions could worth every Pasos (for satisfying my wife's needs). But I have Claro Multi Plan TV, Internet, Phone and I guess things are not looking good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast